Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by rocky16 View Post
I hate them focks, why would I "attend" to them? You make no focking sense jooboy. Time for you to follow me around and accept my winners. They cash, bro.
We're on the same side almost all the time, which I like. Was surprised to see you on Gracie though.

After rewatching that Silva/Weidman fight a few times, I suggest you all do the same. I didn't notice it much the first time, but Weidman actually beat the shit out of Silva on the feet, in both rounds. Silva barely landed anything significant, and Weidman was bombing Silva on the chin on multiple occasions. The fight wasn't close and neither was the standup. One judge gave Silva round one by the way, LOL.

He hit him a couple of times, on the ground. And those shots connected, without a doubt. Def won the first round. Last part of first round silva landed some solid leg kicks, which he continued to land in the second round. So if those kicks give points, silva def was in the fight.But, he almost didnt land any headshots, which is surprising. Wonder if he could. Maybe he looked for the KO shots. Who knows. Beat the shit out of silva? mehh.. but i get your point. Im very surprised silva didnt land a single shot to the head or the body.

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
He hit him a couple of times, on the ground. And those shots connected, without a doubt. Def won the first round. Last part of first round silva landed some solid leg kicks, which he continued to land in the second round. So if those kicks give points, silva def was in the fight.But, he almost didnt land any headshots, which is surprising. Wonder if he could. Maybe he looked for the KO shots. Who knows. Beat the shit out of silva? mehh.. but i get your point. Im very surprised silva didnt land a single shot to the head or the body.
He landed a few shots to the body, but his most significant strikes by far were his leg kicks. Weidman clearly felt them. Weidman's punches to the head were far more telling, though. Silva could definitely land head shots on Weidman on the feet, he could light him up all night and KO him if he wanted to, but not with his hands down by his waist. The catch here, though, is that if his hands aren't down by his waist, he will get taken down almost immediately.

Anyway, so much clowning as silva did in this fight, you almost have to get Koed. This was more clowning than ever. This was beyond a strategy to lure someone in, this was outright stupidity. I wonder if he can fight conservatively without clowning and beat weidman. The most intriguing matchups are def when a big champion like silva needs to get his belt back. I agree with ariel and dana, weidman vs silva 2 is fakking intriguing