Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Guymon's prediction... i just submitted my sherdog pros pics and here's what I wrote:

I've had the luxury of fighting Roy McDonald and having trained hard with Jake in mma.

Both are Strong with good wrestling and Striking. I believe Rory has a better submission game then Jake but that Jake has a stronger striking game with more power than Rory.

Also Jake has a much better chin. I dropped Rory with the straight right where is as with Jake I have hit him with the kitchen sink and shovel in the face and he did not bat an eyelash.

So I see Rory getting uncomfortable with Jake on the feet and going for the takedown. Jake will have no problem shutting down the takedowns. Ellenburger will end up getting the KO in the 2nd round

So you heard it first here! And not fight I actually out struck Rory on the feet too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
Guymon's prediction... i just submitted my sherdog pros pics and here's what I wrote:

I've had the luxury of fighting Roy McDonald and having trained hard with Jake in mma.

Both are Strong with good wrestling and Striking. I believe Rory has a better submission game then Jake but that Jake has a stronger striking game with more power than Rory.

Also Jake has a much better chin. I dropped Rory with the straight right where is as with Jake I have hit him with the kitchen sink and shovel in the face and he did not bat an eyelash.

So I see Rory getting uncomfortable with Jake on the feet and going for the takedown. Jake will have no problem shutting down the takedowns. Ellenburger will end up getting the KO in the 2nd round

So you heard it first here! And not fight I actually out struck Rory on the feet too.

hmmmm. I think if Jake doesn't get the KO in the first, he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post

No bias.

Training and fightnight is two different things. You dont go full throttle w sparring with training partners. But, there is some truth to what guymon says. Ellenberger has a better chin. Rorys chin is actually questionable. If memory serves me correct he quite often gets tagged. -200 on rory NO THANKS!!! Ellenberger also has very good tdd + he have also learned to pace himself. I def think this a dog or pass situation. Im actually leaning ellenberger on this one. Rory is def the more technical guy but i do think that the time has comed to ask, who has rory actually fought? He hasnt fought anyone good on the feet and won. Nate diaz, no, he took him down. A washed up BJ penn? Mike pyle? nope, took him down. Che mills? Nope, took him down. Carlos condit..agreed, that fight he was daaaamn good. With other words, rory hasnt fought anyone of decent quality on the feet to justify -200. I rather gamble on Ellenberger KO of the night @ +500 or something

I agree. Its either Ellenberger round 1/ KO of the night. Or mayybe rory decision if i cant find anything else. But its absurd to put big money on this fight. I have won money on rory everytime since he came to the ufc, hell, i even won when he lost because i bet condit. But am done betting rory now. "this is the ufc, this is normal."