Login Search

MD's House of Winnerz

Last Post

Stephen Thompson -155 is my favourite play for this weekend. Burrell is a perfect fight for Thompson. I don't underestimate Burrell, as I think he's an incredibly talented athlete; I was one of the only (if not the only) people who played him against Villefort, and I recommended the play to others here, too, even after he missed weight. However, he's simply outmatched here. Thompson is a superb kicker, and his hands are actually surprisingly effective. He throws a wide variety of strikes and he's a master of controlling distance. I was actually really impressed with Thompson in the Brown fight, although I'm sure I was the only one; he showed outstanding striking, decent fight IQ and in the first round, decent counter-wrestling until he gassed, badly. I don't think Burrell has the cardio or pace to fully exploit Thompson's cardio, though. Burrell is known to gas himself, and I've never seen him attempt a take down. Burrell has solid hands, and should have a power edge. I don't think it'll amount to much, though; Thompson will pick him apart at range all night, and possibly even finish him with a head kick. Burrell has shown himself to be very susceptible to kicks in the past, and pretty much any strike he doesn't expect, and Thompson is very crafty. He should be around -300 here, and only that low because of his cardio and wrestling issues, and because of Burrell's potential. If the Thompson who fought Brown fought the Burrell who fought Villefort, Thompson could easily be -600.

This is an absolute gimme fight for Thompson and he should handily win. I'm moderate-large on Thompson hedged with Burrell by decision +429. If Burrell wins, it's a decision.

More plays to come.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCalculator View Post
Amen. I'm actually a bit more worried that Burrell catches him with a big hook. Burrell has very good perception, timing and throws good power at odd angles. That being said -- Thompson should win this relatively easily.
I'm not too worried about Burrell's power, as Thompson's distancing and head movement should be enough to keep him out of trouble. I'm more worried that he starts spamming double legs.

Couple more of my plays for tonight:

Payan +180. I really like this bet, but I'm hesitant to bet much as I've only seen one of Payan's fights. He has some great tools, though, and I 'cap him at around -130, factoring in how little footage I have on him and how weak his competition was. If he looked like this in all of his fights, he'd be -200 easily, I think. Moderate on this.

I'll be on Trujillo, probably small-moderate. Nurmagomedov is one of the most overrated fighters in the UFC and I don't consider him top twenty at 155. Tujillo has very good cardio, and the perfect style to beat Khabib, given his tendency to strike when pushed against the fence. His counter wrestling also looks very good. Khabib's striking is bad, but he swings with power, so he could find the knock out, but he should be out-matched here. Abel isn't a world-beater on the feet, or else I'd be larger on him. He should have the edge here though.

Maynard by decision moderate. Already summed up my thoughts on this. Hedged with Grant KO of the night +2300.

Moderate-large on Hunt/JDS starts round two at -222 and some other odds. Great prop I think.

Chalky, but I pounded Not Stevens Submission -750. Should be closer to the -2500 range. I love Whittaker ITD +525, amazing value, as it's a much closer fight than others seem to think. I have a lot of prop plays on this card and I'm starting to worry about it; I made many of them without considering how the lines would move, and ended up betting more props than I wanted to. I really like Cain/Bigfoot u1.5, moderate on that, and moderate on Bowles ITD, as I doubt he wins a decision here. I have a bet on Colton by decision, too.

I have some tiny plays on Te Huna by decision +650, and Cerrone by sub.

That's not it for my plays, but it's most of them. Will post the rest later when I've gotten more work done; a bit late getting stuff done for this card. A bit unhappy with some of my prop choices.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

visualrealism gave MD 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.