Login Search

Hougigo's boxing/MMA picks

Last Post

Also I think Thurman should win too, but Thurman hasn't really had a lot of pressure put on him. I think one of the hardest fights he's had was against Zavec... I don't really pay attention to the scorecards because I thought he did better in there than what the judges saw.
Against JSK, he'll have constant pressure in his face....but that means he'll have constant openings if he can make them.

Are you putting them in a parlay?

Even though i expect both to win, I still think either of them could be a parlay buster

Chaves was giving Thurman all he could handle until Thurman finally got him. A lot of people talk about how Thurman didn't look great up until the stoppage, but what he showed was that he could take shots from a big puncher, remain composed and keep coming.

Goes without saying that JSK is very hittable, and that in single shots, you'd be hard pressed to find a WW with more power in both hands than Thurman. I don't think it's going to take very long for Thurman to hurt JSK. I would be absolutely floored if JSK won this fight.

I'll be looking for a "Broner by KO or UD" prop on 5d. Maidana's gotta get a KO to win. No way they're giving him the W on the cards unles he's absolutely dominant.

If he's just going to pick him off with one punch at a time, I think Broner probably UD's him. He's not going to knock Maidana out with a single punch, and Broner isn't really known for his relentlessness.

I'll be pulling for Maidana, though.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
Chaves was giving Thurman all he could handle until Thurman finally got him. A lot of people talk about how Thurman didn't look great up until the stoppage, but what he showed was that he could take shots from a big puncher, remain composed and keep coming.

Goes without saying that JSK is very hittable, and that in single shots, you'd be hard pressed to find a WW with more power in both hands than Thurman. I don't think it's going to take very long for Thurman to hurt JSK. I would be absolutely floored if JSK won this fight.

I'll be looking for a "Broner by KO or UD" prop on 5d. Maidana's gotta get a KO to win. No way they're giving him the W on the cards unles he's absolutely dominant.

If he's just going to pick him off with one punch at a time, I think Broner probably UD's him. He's not going to knock Maidana out with a single punch, and Broner isn't really known for his relentlessness.

I'll be pulling for Maidana, though.
Yeah I had to hold my nose while I put $ down on Broner. I have Broner Big but really can't stand the goof.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron_Paul_2012 View Post
Yeah I had to hold my nose while I put $ down on Broner. I have Broner Big but really can't stand the goof.
Broner rolls. I'd likely play the under or Broner by ko. I really think JSK is a live dog. 7-1 against an unproven Thurman. Has to be worth a shot. At -1400 hard to play the line straight. ko a very likely outcome on either side but i personally don't have any props yet on my book. Also. Josesito fighting tonight. -2000 on Josesito...I'll pass.

I'll take the over in the Lopez/Mighty Mike fight.

Risky play... but I think Lopez will try and take a cautious approach to this fight.... either that or go HAM from round one to KO this guy.
Mighty Mike is a decent journeyman...but if Lopez presses on him hard enough, Mighty Mike may crumble.
I'm taking a shot...I don't know..it's a feeling.

I wouldn't tail my feeling....but posting my play anyway

+105 O7.5 Lopez/Mighty Mike

I'm also on the other side of a lot of you... I don't think Broner KO's Maidana...it'd be crazy to me if he does. Maidana is a tough SOB and if he gets KOD by a guy who used to be a featherweight, then hot damn.

All depends on if Broner really opens up, and as easy as it is to hit Maidana... you have to take some to give some to him.
I gotta go against the grain here, Broner NITD

Broner NITD -105

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
I'm also on the other side of a lot of you... I don't think Broner KO's Maidana...it'd be crazy to me if he does. Maidana is a tough SOB and if he gets KOD by a guy who used to be a featherweight, then hot damn.

All depends on if Broner really opens up, and as easy as it is to hit Maidana... you have to take some to give some to him.
I gotta go against the grain here, Broner NITD

Broner NITD -105
Good luck man. I'm not sure im playing much boxing tomorrow. Maybe small on JSK just for value. Most plays will be in mma. I hope for the best but i see a Broner stoppage.

Quote Originally Posted by hougigo View Post
I'll take the over in the Lopez/Mighty Mike fight.

Risky play... but I think Lopez will try and take a cautious approach to this fight.... either that or go HAM from round one to KO this guy.
Mighty Mike is a decent journeyman...but if Lopez presses on him hard enough, Mighty Mike may crumble.
I'm taking a shot...I don't know..it's a feeling.

I wouldn't tail my feeling....but posting my play anyway

+105 O7.5 Lopez/Mighty Mike
Graduated today, so didn't have time to check my book... but from what I read the fight went 8 rounds