Login Search

picks || UFC on FOX: Evans vs Davis || by: gabe

Last Post

Lavar Johnson +175 > Joey Beltran (4/5)

I see this as the best value play on the entire card. I see Lavar outstriking Beltran for at least 2 out of 3 rounds, so Lavar Johnson +1.5 would be a beautiful play. Lavar Johnson by Decision is a good bet, too, as Beltran is known for his durability/chin. That said, I won't be surprised if Beltran receives the first KO loss of his career Saturday night. If odds on Lavar by KO are good, it's def worth a shot. I expect a solid performance from Lavar; he should win at least 2 of 3 rounds, if not earn a KO.

Vaughany,

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
Lavar Johnson +175 > Joey Beltran (4/5)

I see this as the best value play on the entire card. I see Lavar outstriking Beltran for at least 2 out of 3 rounds, so Lavar Johnson +1.5 would be a beautiful play. Lavar Johnson by Decision is a good bet, too, as Beltran is known for his durability/chin. That said, I won't be surprised if Beltran receives the first KO loss of his career Saturday night. If odds on Lavar by KO are good, it's def worth a shot. I expect a solid performance from Lavar; he should win at least 2 of 3 rounds, if not earn a KO.

Lavar just isn't ufc calibre. He gasses quickly and has no ground game. If he doesn't KO Beltran in round 1 I think it's very difficult for him to win. Luckily for him Beltran is very hittable, but Beltran is very capable of taking him down if he wants to fight a smart fight.

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
Lavar just isn't ufc calibre. He gasses quickly and has no ground game. If he doesn't KO Beltran in round 1 I think it's very difficult for him to win. Luckily for him Beltran is very hittable, but Beltran is very capable of taking him down if he wants to fight a smart fight.
I agree with Nunya here. I'm surprised the UFC even brought him over. I'm more looking forward to Shane Del Rosario's UFC debut. Now there is a prospect with some potential to do well in the UFC.

I don't think Lavar Johnson has any cardio. He needs to win early or Beltran will finish him late.

I would also be careful with Dunham. He lost to Sherk's wrestling. He was taken down by Escudero and Griffin. And Lentz just got Lentz'd by Bocek. So I expect Lentz to pull a Lentz against Dunham to get a win.

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
I don't think Lavar Johnson has any cardio. He needs to win early or Beltran will finish him late.

I would also be careful with Dunham. He lost to Sherk's wrestling. He was taken down by Escudero and Griffin. And Lentz just got Lentz'd by Bocek. So I expect Lentz to pull a Lentz against Dunham to get a win.
That begs the question, can Dunham Sherk Lentz? Or in his case, should I say can Dunham Bocek Lentz if he avoids being Sherked himself?

Charles Oliveira -500 > Eric Wisely (5/5)

It's silly to call a -500 line a lock. Oliveira is making his featherweight debut here against a
tough but undersized opponent. His best way to victory would be to take him down and dominate on
the ground, looking for a submission. He can pick Wisely apart on the feet, but using his Jiu-Jitsu would
be the safer route; all he's gotta do to win this fight is avoid Wisely's left hand. Charles Olivera
Inside the Distance
for a prop bet, also Charles Oliveira via Submission. Put a little something on
Eric Wisely via Knockout to hedge. Prop bets are the way to go with this one, and include him in
parlays; such as--

Wager type : Parlay
Select #1 : NBA Basketball
Atlanta Hawks 1/27/2012 7:35 PM - (EST)
Money Line -255 for Game
Select #2 : NBA Basketball
Minnesota Timberwolves 1/27/2012 8:05 PM - (EST)
Spread +1 -110 for Game
Select #3 : MMA Martial Arts
Evan Dunham 1/28/2012 7:30 PM - (EST)
Money Line -350 for Game
Select #4 : MMA Martial Arts
George Roop 1/28/2012 6:30 PM - (EST)
Money Line +110 for Game
Select #5 : MMA Martial Arts
Charles Oliveira 1/28/2012 6:00 PM - (EST)
Money Line -500 for Game
Amount : Risking 15.00 To Win 114.17 USD

Wager type : Proposition/Future

Select #1 : Soccer Futures
EURO 2012
Euro 2012 - To win Group A
Russia +125
Risking 100.00 To Win 125.00 USD
Select #2 : Soccer Futures
EURO 2012
Euro 2012 - To win Group B
Germany +105
Risking 100.00 To Win 105.00 USD
Select #3 : Soccer Futures
EURO 2012
Euro 2012 - To win Group C
Spain -180
Risking 180.00 To Win 100.00 USD
Select #4 : Soccer Futures
EURO 2012
Euro 2012 - To win Group D
England +150
Risking 100.00 To Win 150.00 US

Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post

Wager type : Proposition/Future

Select #1 : Soccer Futures
EURO 2012
Euro 2012 - To win Group A
Russia +125
Risking 100.00 To Win 125.00 USD
Select #2 : Soccer Futures
EURO 2012
Euro 2012 - To win Group B
Germany +105
Risking 100.00 To Win 105.00 USD
Select #3 : Soccer Futures
EURO 2012
Euro 2012 - To win Group C
Spain -180
Risking 180.00 To Win 100.00 USD
Select #4 : Soccer Futures
EURO 2012
Euro 2012 - To win Group D
England +150
Risking 100.00 To Win 150.00 US
Nice I could have a pretty big play on Russia winning tht group.