Login Search

TUF 14 Finale

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by v1y View Post
i'll take a shot on bermudez. athletic wrestler and a huge heart. tough matchup for anyone.
same here. he has never been knocked out. has a real solid chin and a great gas tank, which is diego's weakness. i am loving dennis at this price.

brandao is 13-7 as a pro....somebody`s beating him(i`m aware that he`s fought at a heavier weight)....i think that part of his(and that akira character`s) effectiveness was their mouths and attitudes....in caraway`s case,it seemed apparent that he was beaten prior to entering the cage...

brandao`s a bit wild and a little careless(because he`s cocky as hell).....that makes him dangerous if you aren`t careful(but it also makes him vulnerable)......just not sure that bermudez will be as mentally weak as caraway appeared to be.... unfotunately he doesn`t appear to have much of a sub game so he`ll either have to ride it out for the full 3 or win a firefight with brabdao(not the easiest/safest road to victory)......

i can see taking a shot at +2.5....but not a very big shot...

bisping/miller is 5 rounds?.....whoa....

this finale is heavy on cast members

MAIN CARD (Spike TV)

• Michael Bisping vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller
  • Dennis Bermudez vs. Diego Brandao ("TUF 14" featherweight finale)
  • John Dodson vs. T.J. Dillashaw ("TUF 14" bantamweight finale)
  • Yves Edwards vs. Tony Ferguson
  • Johnny Bedford vs. Louis Gaudinot

PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)

• Marcus Brimage vs. Stephan Bass
  • John Albert vs. Dustin Pague
  • Roland Delorme vs. Josh Ferguson
  • Josh Clopton vs. Steven Siler
  • Bryan Caraway vs. Dustin Neace

Quote Originally Posted by proposition joe View Post
Anyone thinking Brandao is a lock is stupid.

remember some TUF finales of the past

TUF 9
Damarques Johnson -340
James Wilks +280

Ross Pearson +210
Andre Winner -250

TUF8
Efrain Escudero +300
Phillipe Nover -360

Ryan Bader +180
Vinicius Magalhas -220

TUF 7
Amir Sadollah +145
CB Dollaway -165

There's a good amount of lag time between the taped final episode and the finals. It's enough time to get together with a camp and make improvements. All these fighters are still in the development stage and can have significant surge in skills in a few weeks/months at this point. Plus all the fighting/training from the TUF makes their nervous system gel from those experiences.

Nothing to see here people. Plan on sitting back and enjoying these fights.

Brandao may be too a steep favorite, but has looked too good for me to pick against. Remember Bermudez was in trouble a few times with Akira. Imagine the trouble he will be in if he can't take down Diego. I like Dillashaw to grind a decision but not enough to pick him, considering also how good Dodson has looked. I like Bisping also, taking into consideration his UFC experience and the difference in skill level I think exists, but the opportune Miller has a legitimate shot of pulling an opposite. Bisping usually gives his opponents a small window to beat him (see Dennis Kang), but, once again, not confident enough in either guy to make a play.

I'll pass.
Last edited by Vitooch; 12-01-11 at 03:10 PM.