Login Search

Bellator 48 (August 20, 2011)

Last Post

Default Bellator 48 (August 20, 2011)

MAIN CARD

• Pat Curran vs. Marlon Sandro (featherweight-tourney finale)
  • Champ Cole Konrad vs. Paul Buentello (heavyweight non-title fight)
  • Seth Petruzelli vs. Ricco Rodriguez
  • Juan Barrante vs. Rene Nazare

PRELIMINARY CARD

• John Clarke vs. Dan Cramer
  • Andrew Calandrelli vs. Matt Nice
  • Brett Oteri vs. Ryan Quinn
  • Nik Fekete vs. Mark Griffin
  • Saul Almeida vs. Tateki Matsuda

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebubzy View Post
im taking the juice on Konrad. Buentellos weakness is takedown defense and no Bellator Champ has lost in a non title 'super' match
technically correct, but anyone who watched joe warren vs marcos galvao knows that galvao won that fight (except the judges).

that said, i agree with you. the michelin man wins this fight by 15 minutes of blubbering top control.

Quote Originally Posted by flickavic View Post
main event is a tough one to call..Leaning Curran but have not made up mind yet...i wonder if 5dimes will have props for this card..Have they had props for bellator in the past??

bodog just released lines for this event. i played 2 units on curran at +135. i think he grinds out the decision.

I'm 50/50 on the Curran/Sandro fight so I'm rolling with Pat at +135 also. He's a huge FW and his striking has looked very good lately. The only thing I'm worried about is that he patiently picks his shots and sometimes that doesn't look like he's active to the judges. But he does pack some power and can take it to the ground if he wants. If this fight stays on the feet, then Sandro could surely walk away with it on points. But hell, I've been rolling w/ Curran as a dog in most of his fights and he's done me well... so 2u on Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by sirchadwick1 View Post
I'm 50/50 on the Curran/Sandro fight so I'm rolling with Pat at +135 also. He's a huge FW and his striking has looked very good lately. The only thing I'm worried about is that he patiently picks his shots and sometimes that doesn't look like he's active to the judges. But he does pack some power and can take it to the ground if he wants. If this fight stays on the feet, then Sandro could surely walk away with it on points. But hell, I've been rolling w/ Curran as a dog in most of his fights and he's done me well... so 2u on Pat.
GL man.