Login Search

Betting for bobby vs triple poker contest

Last Post

Correct, BROI is a worthless statistic you made up. I'm more concerned with ROI, which my stats & pt balance clearly indicates.

Considering I'm sitting on 68k compared to your paltry 8k, not to mention you owe Yisman 27k from bailing you out on our wager, it's easy to see who would have a problem coming up with pts on a potential big wager.

Let me know how much you're willing to lose again for 2015, I'll try to accommodate you.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
Correct, BROI is a worthless statistic you made up. I'm more concerned with ROI, which my stats & pt balance clearly indicates.

Considering I'm sitting on 68k compared to your paltry 8k, not to mention you owe Yisman 27k from bailing you out on our wager, it's easy to see who would have a problem coming up with pts on a potential big wager.

Let me know how much you're willing to lose again for 2015, I'll try to accommodate you.
Whether you call it ROI or BROI (to differentiate your absurd version from the actual term) is semantics; the concept itself is what you're describing as unreliable and therefore meaningless. Doesn't matter what you call it, but per your opinion, it can't be used as an assessment of skill. Thanks again for joining the rest of us in acknowledging that you were wrong...it demonstrates strong character to admit when you're mistake (or at least it would if you were aware you were admitting as much )

Edit: regarding the stakes I'd consider it worth my time, we're talking 150k minimum...unattainable for you as you have an irrational fear of loans, and would be a huge strain for me even with 90k or so in debt owed me. One thing I learned from last year's challenge was that win or lose, I had no desire to repeat it for pennies...if I wanted to put that sort of poker volume in, I would do like several others here and just win laying for real $$
Last edited by Triple_D_Bet; 01-04-15 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
Whether you call it ROI or BROI (to differentiate your absurd version from the actual term) is semantics; the concept itself is what you're describing as unreliable and therefore meaningless. Doesn't matter what you call it, but per your opinion, it can't be used as an assessment of skill. Thanks again for joining the rest of us in acknowledging that you were wrong...it demonstrates strong character to admit when you're mistake (or at least it would if you were aware you were admitting as much )

Edit: regarding the stakes I'd consider it worth my time, we're talking 150k minimum...unattainable for you as you have an irrational fear of loans, and would be a huge strain for me even with 90k or so in debt owed me. One thing I learned from last year's challenge was that win or lose, I had no desire to repeat it for pennies...if I wanted to put that sort of poker volume in, I would do like several others here and just win laying for real $$
Return on investment is clearly defined. Not only did I dominate you on the felt, I had a better ROI as well.

150k bet is unrealistic, as responsible folks like myself only wager with what they have & comfortably afford to lose. You obviously need to learn this simple concept, so you don't have to solicit future 27k loans from Mr. Yisman.

Doubt you have 90k total owed you, especially when you deduct the 27k+ you owe Yis. If you do, it only further demonstrates your irresponsible behavior. The stiffs & store increases far outweigh any nominal interest earned from loans, perhaps one day you'll learn lending large amounts is -EV.

Return on investment is clearly defined. Not only did I dominate you on the felt, I had a better ROI as well.

150k bet is unrealistic, as responsible folks like myself only wager with what they have & comfortably afford to lose. You obviously need to learn this simple concept, so you don't have to solicit future 27k loans from Mr. Yisman.

Doubt you have 90k total owed you, especially when you deduct the 27k+ you owe Yis. If you do, it only further demonstrates your irresponsible behavior. The stiffs & store increases far outweigh any nominal interest earned from loans, perhaps one day you'll learn lending large amounts is -EV.
ROI is clearly defined (and doesn't match your definition); your bastardization of it is also clearly defined, but that doesn't make it accurate. As explained above, per your own opinions, you having a better "ROI"/"BROI" than anyone is meaningless, as you've shared with us that it's not reliable. In the discussion between you and I, it's up to the reader to decide who's correct and what's reality (pretty easy in this case, as many have weighed in telling and proving you wrong)....but when you say two opposite things, it's readily apparent that you're wrong in at least one area

You doubt how much is owed to me? You know the drill bobbo; just like all the other times you doubted things and had reality shoved in your face, feel free to place some points on the line and I'll embarrass you with reality yet again

Quite aside from you using concepts like "-EV" which you've demonstrated you don't understand, you trying to give lending advice, or advising against inflation when you treat your points like a high score and don't cash them out =

ROI is clearly defined (and doesn't match your definition); your bastardization of it is also clearly defined, but that doesn't make it accurate. As explained above, per your own opinions, you having a better "ROI"/"BROI" than anyone is meaningless, as you've shared with us that it's not reliable. In the discussion between you and I, it's up to the reader to decide who's correct and what's reality (pretty easy in this case, as many have weighed in telling and proving you wrong)....but when you say two opposite things, it's readily apparent that you're wrong in at least one area

You doubt how much is owed to me? You know the drill bobbo; just like all the other times you doubted things and had reality shoved in your face, feel free to place some points on the line and I'll embarrass you with reality yet again

Quite aside from you using concepts like "-EV" which you've demonstrated you don't understand, you trying to give lending advice, or advising against inflation when you treat your points like a high score and don't cash them out =
Unfortunately or you, our poker stats are readily available, anyone can see my tourney ROI is higher than yours.

I know you were -EV in our challenge, ultimately losing 29k to me.

Unfortunately or you, our poker stats are readily available, anyone can see my tourney ROI is higher than yours.
Already answered, try to keep up:

No more easily than any other poker contest here...but if you admit BROI stats can be manipulated and that they're undependable, you're admitting it's a worthless statistic. About time you came around, even if it took some flawed thinking for you to arrive at a correct conclusion
Next:
I know you were -EV in our challenge, ultimately losing 29k to me.
Again, you throw around terms like "-EV", but your actions here (ducking challenges you insist you'll win, lacking basic knowledge of poker play) prove you don't understand them

Again, you throw around terms like "-EV", but your actions here (ducking challenges you insist you'll win, lacking basic knowledge of poker play) prove you don't understand them
Then explain how I'm +EV not only in my poker challenges, but in my tourney play as well.

If I "lacked the basic knowledge of poker play" as you ignorantly claim, surely I wouldn't be +EV in every poker related aspect of this forum.

Just more tripe coming from Tripe, at least you earned your nickname.

Then explain how I'm +EV not only in my poker challenges, but in my tourney play as well.

If I "lacked the basic knowledge of poker play" as you ignorantly claim, surely I wouldn't be +EV in every poker related aspect of this forum.
Thanks for proving me right, yet again

Quote Originally Posted by Ra77er View Post
Bobby won, I guess he was the better player last year. Grats bud
Player with better results at least, there's a difference