Login Search

Betting for bobby vs triple poker contest

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Slanina View Post
I'd be willing to throw a bet on BobbyWaves to win outright. What odds would you give?

Edit: Just read Robber's line. If both lines stand i'll put a little on both as well.
Well, since bobbo's last odds offered on me were +125, I'll have to offer bobbo to win at -145, max to win 2000.

....wait, no, sorry...that's a moronic way to set odds instead of basing it on actual probability of happening. Same odds as robber, max risk 200 to win 2000. Post up here to confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
Well, since bobbo's last odds offered on me were +125, I'll have to offer bobbo to win at -145, max to win 2000.

....wait, no, sorry...that's a moronic way to set odds instead of basing it on actual probability of happening. Same odds as robber, max risk 200 to win 2000. Post up here to confirm
150 to win 1500

350 even money +1200 points.

Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
Not only did I accept your challenge already, you avoided the 2014 challenge multiple times it was offered. Wise decision on your part.
What challenge did you accept?

The one for current sbr promo until end of year? Ill even spot you 300 points

And good job using #s for something I'm not even active in buffoon

Only time you went head to head with me you looked like the chump you are.

Now run along scared because you know you want no part of me heads up.

Max risk 200? Not too confident, eh Tripe?

The pathetic limit is quite understandable.
I'm confident enough to take yet another day off as I did yesterday. I have no great desire to take robber and slanina's points, so the "reward" part of risk/reward isn't really there...maybe this will keep this thing somewhat interesting. Will probably end up paying them out on the spread bet, as the hassle of playing every day won't be worth the handful of points.

Notice how when I have a small lead over you, I'm willing to offer somewhat realistic 10:1 odds on you winning? And yet, when you had a lead that was 4 times that over me, you were still trying to offer me as the favorite to win? Confidence is offering odds that don't contradict what you claim to be true, something you apparently can't even recognize let alone offer

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
What challenge did you accept?
Alzheimer's kicking in already? Our 2 month challenge, as you only accept high variance challenges. You have no shot in an annual challenge. You realized this & didn't sign up the multiple times it was offered.

If you did sign up, it's clear you wouldn't be ranked in the top 13 ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
I'm confident enough to take yet another day off as I did yesterday. I have no great desire to take robber and slanina's points, so the "reward" part of risk/reward isn't really there...maybe this will keep this thing somewhat interesting. Will probably end up paying them out on the spread bet, as the hassle of playing every day won't be worth the handful of points.

Notice how when I have a small lead over you, I'm willing to offer somewhat realistic 10:1 odds on you winning? And yet, when you had a lead that was 4 times that over me, you were still trying to offer me as the favorite to win? Confidence is offering odds that don't contradict what you claim to be true, something you apparently can't even recognize let alone offer
Taking some days off is the least you can do to make challenge fair. As you folded your way to a 4th place, in a 12 man mistake tourney.

Alzheimer's kicking in already? Our 2 month challenge, as you only accept high variance challenges. You have no shot in an annual challenge. You realized this & didn't sign up the multiple times it was offered.

If you did sign up, it's clear you wouldn't be ranked in the top 13 ahead of me.
You don't seem to have much of a shot in annual challenges either, as you're not only losing the only one you accepted, but would be losing two more from Jake and soon to be biteme if you had accepted theirs. Face it bobbo: you can't beat anyone who has any reason to put any kind of effort in

Taking some days off is the least you can do to make challenge fair. As you folded your way to a 4th place, in a 12 man mistake tourney.
Aside from the 3 I've taken off to your 1 before this, since we're not voiding your wins from the smaller tournaments you've angle-shot your way into throughout the year, so why would I void a day simple because you couldn't fold to a cash while I worked my way up to a 4th?

Don't kid yourself bobbo, the only time I or others are folding our way to anything is when I close the poker app and stop playing...it's pretty sad that your "style" struggles to produce better results than someone just walking away from their computer. Exmplains why you can't beat people unless they don't play though

I didnt realize you were referencing the 40 tournament sample size that I wiped the floor with you at.

And using your high variance theory you would be the favorite for any additional sample size to have "variance" in your favor since over the first 40 i obviously just ran better than you. So using this logic I cannot understand why you wouldnt accept my current challenge for this current SBR contest.

And as far as annual challenges, we can do one for 2015 heads up if you like. 10k-15k? How many would you like to do heads up me versus you? I'll respond for you....uh,...bobboo, uh...uh...Im the best....maybe not....I wont fair so well if he actually plays....uh,.bobbo....Ill stick to comparing myself against him when hes not playing....bobbo....Ill pass.

Now run along scared because we all know you wont play me in anything heads up because the results will be the same as our last contest (hint, it wont be close).

Here, Ill make it interesting. Ill lay 40k against 20k from you heads up me versus you for the duration of 2015.
Last edited by downsouth; 10-11-14 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Bobbo make boom boom