Login Search

Downsouth vs bobbywaves head-to-head poker contest

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
Now if only you start paying attention to the other numbers, you might be able to make this a closer contest!
Coming from someone who can't add 17 + 1 & trailing our heads up contest by 1,500+, the stones on this guy is unbelievable. If I lose 2.5k to DS so what, I have an easy 10k coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
Coming from someone who can't add 17 + 1 & trailing our heads up contest by 1,500+, the stones on this guy is unbelievable. If I lose 2.5k to DS so what, I have an easy 10k coming from you.
that is such bullshit! you have completely flipped this thread when things aren't looking good vs DS. Now its not about that its about TripD?
Btw if SBR took your timer away you would never place, you just sit there. yawn

Everyone makes mistakes...it's inevitable. Wise people correct them; fools don't. I corrected my clerical error (without any prompting from you or anyone), and you still think you're right and everyone else in the poker world is wrong, despite the truth being laid out in detail several times. Hrm...

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
that is such bullshit! you have completely flipped this thread when things aren't looking good vs DS. Now its not about that its about TripD?
2,500 bet with DS vs. a 10,000 bet with Triple, it's that difficult for you to figure out which has more significance?

If I was abusing the timer, SBR would have cut in half already......Like Eberetta's timer.

Btw, I don't see you anywhere on poker leaderboard.

Everyone makes mistakes...it's inevitable. Wise people correct them; fools don't. I corrected my clerical error (without any prompting from you or anyone), and you still think you're right and everyone else in the poker world is wrong
True....However, some people like yourself make more mistakes than others. Consequently, your facing a 1,500+ deficit.

2,500 bet with DS vs. a 10,000 bet with Triple, it's that difficult for you to figure out which has more significance?

If I was abusing the timer, SBR would have cut in half already......Like Eberetta's timer.

Btw, I don't see you anywhere on poker leaderboard.
if you were beating DS and losing to Trip D then it would be the other way around, you wouldn't care about the pts it would be about beating DS. The only reason that your timer is not cut down is because you actually sit there staring at the screen and then hit fold. Others that have had their timers cut down just leave the computer and let it go to "away". You just contradict yourself in so many ways talking about "3 years my junior with more posts", Waves no one takes pts and this place as serious as you. BTW the leader board has not been updated in a while nor do I care if it does get updated you on the other hand will be waiting with bated breath. gl Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
To be fair Mitchell, bobby and I have been having this discussion since well before DS started kicking his ass in this contest, and we should expect more of the same. While skill in poker is usually determined by your ability to deceive your opponent, bobby's only real talent lies in deceiving himself by clinging to data he thinks supports his delusion of himself as a good player, and ignoring the rest of it. When a guy who goes on about his super-valuable time is not only proud of beating $0.40 cent tourneys with a 500% overlay, but incapable of understanding that people who win more than he does in less time are more successful, you can't expect anything different...all you can do is take his points

True....However, some people like yourself make more mistakes than others. Consequently, your facing a 1,500+ deficit.
Some people do make more mistakes than others...off the top of my head, a few examples:

a) thinking having the lead in a contest that's not even 20% done is meaningful (how's that working out in your contest vs DS again?)

b) mistakenly lending to extremely risky people and crying when they (often predictably) stiff

c) failing to understand that mincashing 40 cent poker tourneys isn't an accomplishment worth mentioning unless you're in grade school (especially when you have to stall worse than eberetta to get them!)

d) failing to understand that people making more points in less time are more successful than you regardless of which leaderboard/convoluting of numbers you come up with to justify your delusion

The fact that the lead you're always mentioning keeps dropping should be a clue...but then again, if you had a clue, you might actually be able to hang on to that lead

The fact that the lead you're always mentioning keeps dropping should be a clue...but then again, if you had a clue, you might actually be able to hang on to that lead
Hang on to lead? My lead has never been threatened, & the lead actually increased last week. If you had a clue, you wouldn't be facing a 1,500+ deficit.