Login Search

4745 points needed

Last Post

still don't see what the big deal is, but ok.

I understand that you don't want me to joke about hands anymore by saying it's a tough call when I have 900 in and it's 25 to call.

But I certainly was not slow-rolling anybody and if anybody had the right to be upset, it was me after losing the hand, but I didn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
still don't see what the big deal is, but ok.

I understand that you don't want me to joke about hands anymore by saying it's a tough call when I have 900 in and it's 25 to call.

But I certainly was not slow-rolling anybody and if anybody had the right to be upset, it was me after losing the hand, but I didn't complain.
Your comments here reveal that you're still not understanding quite a bit....

BUT......

To be honest, I'd never even heard of the term "slowroll" until it was used today. I began playing poker last year due to SBR freerolls, and I'm not exactly up on poker lingo.
..... this explains your lack of understanding (to a certain extent).

If you ever plan on playing Live Poker, yis, do yourself a favor and spring for a poker etiquette book.
I only say that because of my concern for your safety.

That goes without saying. I've never played live poker, but from what I've witnessed online, poker players can be a sensitive bunch, so I'd have to be very careful not to say anything.

Aside from a few buy-ins online (basically all of which ended up costing me money because I never cash. Must not be good enough), I've played exclusively SBR Poker freerolls (and occasionally a DSI freeroll, which is a huge waste of time because 700+ enter each day and the prize pool is $25).

Just going to toss in my two cents even though this looks over now.

The only problem here is an issue of perceptions. Which are very easily mixed up over the internet.

Yisman thinks he stopped just to type a friendly comment that BiteMe was unlucky to have called his AA. And then clicked call.

BiteMe thinks Yisman was being a bit of a smart ass, and purposely taking too long to play.

If Yisman says he was not trying to play slow or be smart/unkind then BiteMe just needs to believe him and maybe not be so fast to jump to conclusions. Full stop.

If BiteMe says Yis took an inordinate amount of time to play the hand. Yisman just needs to believe him, and maybe try to avoid it in future when calling with the nuts. Full stop.

One or both of you have simply perceived what was happening "incorrectly".

As an aside, and a fairly new poker player too. Even after this slow roll stuff was being discussed in Rudy's thread at length, I never really understood why people have such a big issue with it. And I was left with the understanding slow rolling was obviously drawing things out for a long time when holding a winner, not just hesitating a bit or making a comment before calling.

Dickheads will always be dickheads, dickheads are everywhere and dickheads will rarely give a toss about etiquette. We are all going to run up against one occasionally playing poker, why give the dickheads the satisfaction of knowing their dickitry even bothers you?

This whole thing is mind boggling. People saying I deserve "to be run over by a truck" for not observing their version of proper poker etiquette.
Wrong. It's not "their" version, but rather, the UNIVERSALLY accepted version by the whole poker world.

The fact that you're ignorant to these etiquettes is one thing (we're all ignorant on certain topics), but the more disturbing part is your stubborn refusal to admit that you were wrong here.

Have you seen how it's going for ya in the poker room thread? Comments by tattdy, Rudy and ballaholic. All guys that obviously know their poker.

And you know how tatddy meant his comment... please don't play Drama Queen.

I get the point. I won't say anything when biteme or tataddy is in a hand with me.
This comment alone absolutely proves that you don't get the point at all.
Last edited by BiTeMe UsAdOj; 03-06-12 at 07:59 PM.

You don't get the point at all. You're making a huge deal out of something which no one else at the table chimed in to agree with you about. What did your thread gain? A few people who weren't there taking potshots based on what you said.

Does it matter anymore whether you're "right" or not? To me it doesn't. It's your overreaction that colored everything.

You don't get the point at all. You're making a huge deal out of something which no one else at the table chimed in to agree with you about. What did your thread gain? A few people who weren't there taking potshots based on what you said.
1) I tried to end this a couple times with my "whatever" at the table and my "GL with all your future poker endeavors" here. It was a dead issue after I left the tourney as far I was concerned. YOU'RE the guy that brought it to the forum. I wasn't gonna do anything. Tell me again how I'm making a "huge deal" out of it? I have a right to respond to your asinine forum comments regarding this, ya know.

2) You and I and anyone w/brains knows there are many reasons people don't chat/respond while playing poker. Sometimes I can't because I'm working, for instance. You know this....

3) Are you actually saying tatddy, Rudy and ballaholic are taking POTSHOTS at you? Please tell me you're not really saying this.

4) You KNOW that everything I said and the way that I presented it is....100%...STONE...COLD...TRUTH.

Does it matter anymore whether you're "right" or not? To me it doesn't. It's your overreaction that colored everything.
Uh huh... my overreaction, huh?... yeah, and ttwarrior thinks he's SBR's best poker player.

Let me repeat what I said at the table: WHATEVER......