Login Search

LTA's MLB Plays

Last Post

MLB Final Record for Regular Season 2011

418 - 378 = +38.03x

MLB Final Record for 2011 Playoffs

18 - 13 = +5.182

Tough last two days of the season, but a great season overall making enough money to pay for a full year of daycare for the baby and a 10 day luxurious vacation to pretty much anywhere in the world my wife and I want to go.

Lets just say my wife is happy with my final profit numbers and that is all that matters.

Thanks for a great season!

Time to concentrate on NBA, NFL, NCAAF and some spot plays in NHL and CBB. Can't wait till next years MLB already.

This will be our thread for every badeball season that I am on SBR, so check back in around spring training or hot stove news.

Good luck!
Last edited by Love The Action; 10-29-11 at 07:48 AM.

LTA, want to say congrats on a great season and thanks a lot for sharing your time and knowledge. this was my first year capping MLB, and i learned a ton from your thread. BOL the rest of the fall on football. i will have a CBB thread in due course, so feel free to stop by them even if it's not one of your major sports.

also, the regulars in this thread should be commended. zero drama and solid discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post

Tough last two days of the season, but a great season overall making enough money to pay for a full year of daycare for the baby and a 10 day luxurious vacation to pretty much anywhere in the world my wife and I want to go.

Lets just say my wife is happy with my final profit numbers and that is all that matters.
Now that's what it's all about.....congratulations. That is an inspiration to where a little diligence and money management will get you.

While I'm handing out props, it would be remiss of me not to pay tribute to your work this season.

As a foreigner, my knowledge of baseball was pretty limited. I didn't know the difference between an ERA... the NRA... or the IRS. But reading this thread on a regular basis helped my understanding of the game. (I also learned about Breaking Bad!)

The contributions from Red and co. were also appreciated.

Enjoy the off season... pretty soon you'll be out in the backyard teaching the young 'un the finer points of curveballs, knuckleballs and sliders.

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
LTA, want to say congrats on a great season and thanks a lot for sharing your time and knowledge. this was my first year capping MLB, and i learned a ton from your thread. BOL the rest of the fall on football. i will have a CBB thread in due course, so feel free to stop by them even if it's not one of your major sports.

also, the regulars in this thread should be commended. zero drama and solid discussion.
Thanks Biff....looking forward to your CBB plays!

Quote Originally Posted by aunty jack View Post
While I'm handing out props, it would be remiss of me not to pay tribute to your work this season.

As a foreigner, my knowledge of baseball was pretty limited. I didn't know the difference between an ERA... the NRA... or the IRS. But reading this thread on a regular basis helped my understanding of the game. (I also learned about Breaking Bad!)

The contributions from Red and co. were also appreciated.

Enjoy the off season... pretty soon you'll be out in the backyard teaching the young 'un the finer points of curveballs, knuckleballs and sliders.
Thank AJ

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post

second this...this was by far one of the best season long threads i have ever seen in many years around this place..not only LTA but the many others who posted in here often..

Congrats LTA on the good season.....

Biff i cant wait for college hoops either brother...

Congrats on a good season LTA You are a class guy and I always enjoyed reading your thread even after I gave up on baseball in August. I would still occasionally lurk to see how you and your crew were doing. Good luck with everything else. I hope these NBA overpaid fukks end there damn lock out. I need the NBA to come back to help boost some profitability. I had my best NBA season ever last year so was hoping to keep the momentum going.

Sidenote..... Congrat BigDan I am sure you are fukking pumped. I am still shocked at the Cards run for this last 2 months. Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
MLB Final Record for Regular Season 2011

418 - 378 = +38.03x

MLB Final Record for 2011 Playoffs

18 - 13 = +5.182

Thanks for a great season!

Time to concentrate on NBA, NFL, NCAAF and some spot plays in NHL and CBB. Can't wait till next years MLB already.

This will be our thread for every badeball season that I am on SBR, so check back in around spring training or hot stove news.

Good luck!
great season LTA. you're a sharp dude...

Just thought I would share this since it's the off season.

About 5 months ago my son came home from his baseball academy and told me about this "machine" he saw. He said he had just witnessed an absolute beast at the practice field. I pressed him but he didn't remember the name,only that he was Cuban, and he was there with his agent and Ahman Greene (go figure). I just filed it away.

Well last week I had the privilege of attending a tryout/showcase for the "Cuban" whose name turns out to be Yoennis Cespedes. Wow, is all I can say. Tony Pena summed it up in one word "incredible". He is mid 20's about 5 '10" or so and built as solid as can be....I mean not an iota of excess meat on this guy, physically superior being . So anyway, they brought in various pitchers from the Dominican Winter league to pitch to him,offering different styles, righty/lefty power/finesse. Kid has bat speed that I have rarely witnessed in person, generates ridiculous power. At the request of the batting coach he sprayed the ball all over the park, displaying easy opposite field power. He did some running and displayed + speed, shagged fly's and showed + range and + arm.....the best thing is he has the 6th tool...he understands the game and is a humble dude all things considered.

He had great success in the Cuban League and was on their WBC team.
I am not one to throw around superlatives easily, and it was a "showcase" although the pitchers were throwing full speed...but once this kids papers are in order I think teams will break the bank. IMO, kid goes straight to the majors once he is signed. Special, special talent.

Last edited by Redscot; 11-05-11 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pluthero View Post
I just watched most of his 20 minute promo video on youtube. It's hard to show that "sixth tool" on video, but one thing's for sure...he's going to be RICH.

Hadn't seen that video but found it. His "agent" here is so typical, but this guy takes the cake...like I said he had Ahman Greene with him as well ?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...ly-ridiculous/

edit: only to find the link doesn't work LOL.
Last edited by Redscot; 11-08-11 at 08:09 PM.