Login Search

Phillies -147..what am I missing here?

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
One day the Philly bats resemble the '27 Yankees, the next day it looks like a lineup of Mario Mendozas against Cy Young. You never know which one you're going to get.
You do have a point, but on the other hand...coming from a philly fan...these boys turn it up a notch in september and they have showed us they can do it and do it every year..

This is the play of the day among all the other ball games

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
When Hamels pitches Phillies bats tend to get cold and give him no run support. Phillies ML worth and small play or Consider the under 8 Regardless never a good idea to pound an MLB game in sept. GL
It is when the Phillies battors finally came to life. Under is too iffy, last time Hamels pitched everyone had the under, the game was I think a 16-10 type game lol

I never bet under with Hamels, never

here are some Hamels notes:
" LHP Cole Hamels will take a 25-inning scoreless streak into Tuesday's start at Florida. The last run scored off Hamels was a home run from Houston's Carlos Lee on Aug. 24. In three starts since, Hamels has struck out 18, walked four and held the opposition to a .147 batting average in 22 innings."*
"His record would be well over .500 if not for receiving the fourth-lowest run support (3.18 runs per start) of any starter this season entering the game. The Phillies entered having scored only 19 runs in Hamels' last 11 starts. They scored two or fewer runs in 13 of his first 28 starts."*

I am a philly fan, too, and that hamels' si spread was collaged and hung on the wall in my son's room. he is the most important player on the phils, maybe the best, in my opinion.
I completely agree that Hamels -147 is a steal; however, with that being said, Mendez debuted against the phils going 6 innings and allowing one hit. A lot of times the phils struggle against a guy they have never seen before, and maybe they blow him up tonight.. but given these few notes and stats, the -147 seems fair.
Im on a parlay tonight.
Hamels + Wainwright + SeattleStorm 'round +200.
Good luck and go Phils.

*yahoosports

mikail, i do as well...i hate marlins, but i am dead honest in saying that i looked at the card and said "im taking PHILS and KC tomorrow" and woke up and the first thing that came to mind was FLORIDA WINS...

I looked at it closely and i just dont like not knowing how well this kid mendez will pitch. I mean, Its easy to take him as an easy loser but none of us really KNOW this pitcher, and last time he pitched against them he OWNED them...I am staying clear of this one and betting tomorrow's game on PHILLIES regardless of today's result (probably).

Quote Originally Posted by jorge1 View Post
mikail, i do as well...i hate marlins, but i am dead honest in saying that i looked at the card and said "im taking PHILS and KC tomorrow" and woke up and the first thing that came to mind was FLORIDA WINS...

I looked at it closely and i just dont like not knowing how well this kid mendez will pitch. I mean, Its easy to take him as an easy loser but none of us really KNOW this pitcher, and last time he pitched against them he OWNED them...I am staying clear of this one and betting tomorrow's game on PHILLIES regardless of today's result (probably).
Yeah I was kind of leaning Marlins TT O 3.5 but just can't get a feel for that either. Best thing is to leave this one alone and wait for tonight's result. If Phillies drop this one then tomorrow will be worth a look.