Login Search

when to runline

Last Post

Default when to runline

With baseball season beginning, I am wondering what parameters you all use in determining whether to bet the moneyline, or the runline. Do you stay with moneyline up to, say -130? -150? I have had the same question in hockey, and still haven't managed to figure it out.
The only thing I have grasped is that betting home teams on run line is foolhardy, given the chance of only batting in eight innings.
Appreciate any feedback.

I set my limit a little higher LT (-130 for MLB) and if you just follow that strategy your way ahead. The yankees despite winning almost 30 games more than they lost were losers in the ML last year. Small fav's and dogs is were it's at. Just look at washington who were up over 16 units with a losing record.

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
I set my limit a little higher LT (-130 for MLB) and if you just follow that strategy your way ahead. The yankees despite winning almost 30 games more than they lost were losers in the ML last year. Small fav's and dogs is were it's at. Just look at washington who were up over 16 units with a losing record.

If you have two teams on given day who are both priced at say -250 (Beckett on the mound, Penny on the mound), simply parlay the two games on the ML and your lock will be cheap.