Login Search

LT Profits vs. mikefan1034

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by juicername View Post
You are one weird and pathetic cat, that's for sure. Follow or fade, up to you, but your sarcasm is just making you look like a tool.
In before funnyb25 quotes this post saying something like "Good luck with your plays tomorrow".
I wish you the best on all of your wagers...

Good luck to you too man, I just added some insults in the last post to see if I could predict the reply, which I almost did , so sorry about that. Although I do find it weird that you're on LT's back so much.
It's all good homie... the only reaosn i am is because i know he can do better...and you will never once hear me criticize his plays, other than the ones he continues to take when they get shelled constantly with the same pitchers...

and your insults are more than welcomed... believe me...i am a good guy, i really am..just frustrating to see people so stubborn to not be able to see the light on certain aspects... but who am i to judge?

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
It's all good homie... the only reaosn i am is because i know he can do better...and you will never once hear me criticize his plays, other than the ones he continues to take when they get shelled constantly with the same pitchers...

and your insults are more than welcomed... believe me...i am a good guy, i really am..just frustrating to see people so stubborn to not be able to see the light on certain aspects... but who am i to judge?
Fair enough, we all expect so much more from LT after last season's surge.

To put it in perspective though, his +90 units or whatever it was last season and -8 so far this year, combine that for +80 units over 1 1/2 season which still would put him on pace for more than +100 units over two full seasons. Hardly terrible is it?

Honestly, we all might have unreal expectations after last year, which I think he'll find tough to repeat again. The adjustments you have suggested would no doubt have increased his profit this year, but that's a bit results oriented thinking. The whole point of the model is to trust its output. If he doesn't, what's the point of having a model at all?

Fair enough, we all expect so much more from LT after last season's surge.

To put it in perspective though, his +90 units or whatever it was last season and -8 so far this year, combine that for +80 units over 1 1/2 season which still would put him on pace for more than +100 units over two full seasons. Hardly terrible is it?

Honestly, we all might have unreal expectations after last year, which I think he'll find tough to repeat again. The adjustments you have suggested would no doubt have increased his profit this year, but that's a bit results oriented thinking. The whole point of the model is to trust its output. If he doesn't, what's the point of having a model at all?
you make incredibly fair points here...the only problem is...i have been saying it about these pitchers since 3 weeks ago...and since then all those same pitchers have continued to lose...that's all...there comes a point in time where you actually watch a game and ditch the model on certain situations...

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
you make incredibly fair points here...the only problem is...i have been saying it about these pitchers since 3 weeks ago...and since then all those same pitchers have continued to lose...that's all...there comes a point in time where you actually watch a game and ditch the model on certain situations...
I know which pitchers you talk about and I personally pretty much agree with you and have gone against them plenty (I will be on Archer to give up plenty of runs tomorrow no matter what LT says , but I can also see from his perspective why it would be hard to stay away or go against picks the model deem to be profitable. Anyway, good chat man, good luck tomorrow, no matter whether you follow or fade LT .

I know which pitchers you talk about and I personally pretty much agree with you and have gone against them plenty (I will be on Archer to give up plenty of runs tomorrow no matter what LT says , but I can also see from his perspective why it would be hard to stay away or go against picks the model deem to be profitable. Anyway, good chat man, good luck tomorrow, no matter whether you follow or fade LT .
Watch Archer throw a perfect game tomorrow and shut me up...
Give Points

Points Awarded:

juicername gave funnyb25 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.