Login Search

MLB - Sunday, 4/26/15

Last Post

Default Another MLB Addition

9 MLB Plays Sunday

Indians / Tigers OVER 8.5 +100 (Heritage)
Blue Jays +130 (Heritage)
Blue Jays / Rays UNDER 7.5 -115 (Heritage)
Brewers +136 (Heritage)
Cardinals / Brewers UNDER 7.5 -105 (Heritage)
White Sox +121 (Heritage)
Astros +141 (Heritage)
Diamondbacks +142 (5 Dimes)
Giants +116 (Heritage)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
White Sox?????

Royals are 7-1 when Facing a lefty.

Volquez is among the league leaders in whip.

Royals are 7-3 against AL central opponents.
i know you just found whip and it supper exciting to you but there lots of other things to look at in determining why his whip has been so low. namely his babip is .210 at the moment which far exceeds anything in his career, it stands to reason once some of those balls being hit land or get threw holes that his whip will go up.. his hr/fb ratio as of now is also far below his career arc, we not talking bout a guy that hasnt been around so if you wanna believe that his 3 gm sample this year is more important than what he been throughout his career more power to ya, odds are you will be starting threads about how much you hate him sooner than later tho.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

jmbrandt87 gave 2daBank 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Yons18 gave 2daBank 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
i know you just found whip and it supper exciting to you but there lots of other things to look at in determining why his whip has been so low. namely his babip is .210 at the moment which far exceeds anything in his career, it stands to reason once some of those balls being hit land or get threw holes that his whip will go up.. his hr/fb ratio as of now is also far below his career arc, we not talking bout a guy that hasnt been around so if you wanna believe that his 3 gm sample this year is more important than what he been throughout his career more power to ya, odds are you will be starting threads about how much you hate him sooner than later tho.
Nice write up "banker" . Isn't Danks kind of a "gas can" though??? I can't figure out who the hell is pitching this game??? One sight has Danks, SBR doesn't , the Boston papers do???

I have watched Volquez throughout his entire career.

It started off pretty good and then he hit a rough patch and he looked like he was on the verge on not having a job on MLB pitching staff.

However last year something clicked for him and he has re-invented himself and so far this year its been more of the same. Volquez is on point right now and the Royals are red hot.

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
Nice write up "banker" . Isn't Danks kind of a "gas can" though??? I can't figure out who the hell is pitching this game??? One sight has Danks, SBR doesn't , the Boston papers do???
He's one of those pitchers you can't predict: either throws bricks all game or have a no-hitter going through 6...

Quote Originally Posted by 44 Mag View Post
ya, im certainly not endorsing danks. just commenting on volquez being this perceived stud. think danks has pretty solid numbers vs kc but i didnt bet it..

Quote Originally Posted by leetreaper View Post
He's one of those pitchers you can't predict: either throws bricks all game or have a no-hitter going through 6...

ya, im certainly not endorsing danks. just commenting on volquez being this perceived stud. think danks has pretty solid numbers vs kc but i didnt bet it..
So, Danks is pitching today @ 2:10 PM ????

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
I have watched Volquez throughout his entire career.

It started off pretty good and then he hit a rough patch and he looked like he was on the verge on not having a job on MLB pitching staff.

However last year something clicked for him and he has re-invented himself and so far this year its been more of the same. Volquez is on point right now and the Royals are red hot.
he was solid last year. he still outperformed his metrics and while some pitchers simply do and i dont look at advanced stats as the end all be all that some do, they have far more predictive qualities than your untrained eye (no offense).. he has never had a very good k/bb ratio and last year wasnt much different, his walks were lower but so were his punch outs..