Login Search

It's A New Week. Time To Make Some $$ On Monday

Last Post

Crystal Palace - Liverpool

The EPL title race is on. Liverpool NEED to win their final two matches, and hope that Manchester City slips up against Villa on Wednesday, or at the weekend against West Ham. A meeting with Crystal Palace will not be easy at Selhurst Park. The last time Liverpool played there, they lost 2-1 in the Capital One Cup way back in 2005. From their previous four meetings at Selhurst Park, Liverpool have won zero, while drawing 1 and losing 3. Obviously times are different now, but Crystal Palace has proven that under Tony Pulis, they are not an easy team to beat.

Liverpool has been scoring at will, but their last four matches have proven difficult. They lost their last game against Chelsea, when everyone expected Mourinho's men to pack it in. Prior to that, they beat Norwich at Carrow Road 2-3, City at home 3-2 and West Ham away 1-2. Their defense has proven that they can be vulnerable, and having won three of their last four by just one goal, I think the +1.5 (+108) has some value for Palace.

The pressure is all on Liverpool, and while I think they can get away with a hard fought victory today, I think Palace keeps it close enough and covers the spread. Liverpool are playing for their first title in MANY years, and that brings a hell of a lot of pressure, especially after they lost last weekend. Now they don't only depend on themselves.

I could see a 1-2 result here.. possibly even a draw, depending on how LFC respond to the pressure..

Thoughts?

Also like Juventus (-1.5) They are coming off a 0-0 draw at home to Benfica, which saw them get eliminated from the Europa League. They had a chance to play the final in their own stadium, but now they must sit and watch as Sevilla takes on Benfica. Roma's defeat at the weekend gave Juve another Serie A title, and today, they have a chance to celebrate that title in front of their own fans, and against a mid-table Atlanta who have nothing more to play for.

Not having a Europa League Final to look forward to, Conte will play his best XI, and everyone should be in a celebratory mood after clinching another title.

I think Juve covers the spread here..

Default Astros @ Tigers

Astros have lost 6 of their last 9 games, the Tigers have won six of their last 7. I think that has bad news written all over it. I don't like the ML at -260, but I may play that in a parlay. Instead, I like the run line for the Tigers at -133. Also think the Tigers can take the FF.

Scherzer has pitched well, especially at home. He's 2-0 in 3 starts with a 1.29 ERA. He's averaging 8.5 K's per game. He went on a four game stretch where he gave up at least 1 HR, but he sorted things out in his last outing against the White Sox, with 4 hits in 6 innings, 3 walks and 7 k's. The Tigers are heating up offensively, and Cosart will have a tough task ahead of him.

Cosart is 1-2 with a 5.52 ERA, and away from home, he's been horrible. Away from Minute Maid Park, Cosart is 0-1 in 3 starts, with a 7.71 ERA. His worst outing came away to the A's, where he pitched 0.1 innings, giving up 7 ER's and 4 walks.

Like I said, I don't want to lay that juice on the Tigers ML, so I will play it in a parlay, but I do like the RL and FF for the Tigers.

Thoughts..