Login Search

It's A New Week. Time To Make Some $$ On Monday

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
At this point fading Indians until they win is not a bad idea. I am thinking Angels -1...depending on my night to that point. Cleveland has worst BA vs lefties among AL teams.
Need Nats +1.5 and Raps to both win.
Good hit on Raptors..

Angels ML cashed in now waiting for Avs, Giants n Nats in a 3-team parlay

Quote Originally Posted by mgoncalves10 View Post
Good hit on Raptors..

Angels ML cashed in now waiting for Avs, Giants n Nats in a 3-team parlay
Man, you have some nice parlays! And the payout is great too! I tend to play it safe with Parlays...Most payout I've ever had was like +150.
If I were to play a 3-teamer for mlb, I'd likely do a heavy fave ML and then 2 other teams at +1.5

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
Man, you have some nice parlays! And the payout is great too! I tend to play it safe with Parlays...Most payout I've ever had was like +150.
If I were to play a 3-teamer for mlb, I'd likely do a heavy fave ML and then 2 other teams at +1.5
That parlay would have been sweet if the damn Avs didn't blow it at home.. WTF!!

Finished 3-4-1 yesterday (-$8.75) Freaken Avs

Onto some early baseball... Share your thoughts...

Alright, first up.. Rays @ Red Sox

First game of a day/nigh doubleheader, and John Farrel has moved Jake Peavy to game 1, as he feels the experienced pitcher can go deeper into the game, opposed to Felix Doubront, who can gave up a lot of runs in a hurry. For the Rays, Cesar Ramos gets the ball, in what will be his fourth start of the season. He comes in (1-1, 3.28 ERA) and in his three starts, he's given up 5 runs in 12 innings pitched. He got hit hard in his first start against the Reds, but has managed to sort things out since, allowing 1 run to the Yankees and 0 runs over 5 hits against the White Sox in his latest appearance. Tampa Bay has given up 50 runs in their last 8 games, putting them at an average of 6.25 runs against per game in that stretch. Luckily Ramos has decent numbers coming into this game, but at Fenway park since 2011, he's allowed batters to hit .294, and he has a 4.50 ERA in 6 appearances in Boston. Day games and Away games this season are also not his best friend. Away from the Trop he's (1-1, 5.00 ERA) in 2 starts, while in 2 day starts, he's (0-1, 5.40 ERA).

Peavey has a (1-0) record, with a 2.87 ERA. He's pitched very well this season, with just one poor performance in the mix. He gave up 5 ER against the Orioles, but other than that, he has only allowed more than 1 ER on one other occasion. An alarming stat for him is that he's given up a HR in every start this season. So if he can limit the long ball, he'd have a very impressive ERA right now. Limiting the Rays when it comes to the long ball, it may not be hard to limit the Rays. They've scored 37 runs in their last 8 (4.6 runs per game), but they've only hit 2 HR's in that span.

It's cold here in Boston, and there may be some drizzle in the mix. For a team that's struggling to win games, Tampa Bay could struggle to get in the win column in the Day game. They've won just 2 of their last 8, so looking at both games, I think they have a better chance of winning the night game against Doubront, than they do against the Peavy..

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by pokerwhiz90 View Post
what do you think about lad dodgers- haren?
Looking at the pitching matchup, without even looking at the numbers, you would have to think that the Dodgers have the clear advantage. In regards to this season, and just overall numbers, they do, but Haren hasn't been lights out against the Twins. This season he is 3-0 with a 2.03 ERA. He's given up a combined 6 ER's in his last 3 appearances, but a total of 11 runs in those three games. In his only day start this season, he got the win, but he has a 4.76 ERA. His last four starts against the Twins have resulted in a 2-1 record, but he's posted a 4.76 ERA against them. And at Target Field, he's 1-1, 6.75 ERA in 3 starts. As a team, the Twins are hitting .385 against him in 96 at bats. So as you can see, overall, Haren is much better than Pelfrey, but his #'s against the Twins are not great.

Pelfrey on the other hand.... This guy gives up runs for fun. He's 0-2 with a 7.32 ERA. He's given up at least 3 ER's in all four of his starts, and he doesn't strike out many batters, so the Dodgers can expect to make contact against him. The weather in Minnesota hasn't been cooperating, so it's going to be another cold and drizzly day for the day game. At home this season, Pelfrey has an 0-1 record with a 9.64 ERA. And for day games, 0-2, 7.84 ERA.

So I'm not really sure how the O/U for this game is at 8.5. I'm assuming Vegas is banking on Haren shutting down the Twins' bats, but although I think the Dodgers edge this one out just because Pelfrey is not good, I think the O 8.5 has some value here..