Login Search

It's A New Week. Time To Make Some $$ On Monday

Last Post

Cubs @ Reds

Is tonight the night that Samardzija gets his first win? He is pitching out of his mind, but the Cubbies are not helping him offensively. The Reds have dominated this series over the years going 25-7 against the Cubs since 2012. That, and the fact that it's the Cubs makes me want to side with the Reds. But, I like the U1 1st inning here just by the way they've both been pitching. The Reds are hitting Samardzija with a .227 BA, while the Cubs are hitting .241 against Simon.

Anyone else like the U1 at -135

Penguins (ML) - Risking $33.25 to win $25
Cubs / Reds (U1, 1st Inning) - Risking $28 to win $20

Teaser: Mavs (+8.5), Heat (-3.5), Hawks (+11) - Risking $50 to win $80

And here's my crazy one for the day:

Parlay:

Angels (ML)
Heat (ML)
Arsenal (-2)
Juventus (ML)

Hawks (+7)
Spurs / Mavs (O200)
Avalanche (ML)
Penguins (ML)
Cardinals (ML)
Reds (ML)

Risking $15 to win $2,466.25

I like Baltimore to get out of their funk at home with Tillman on the mound. Nice price for ML at -130.
I picked them once this year with Tillman at home and they didn't score a single run. Think the should get to Morton, who may be weakest link among Pirates starters. Tillman just won fames last year for his team.
I kind of leaning Under as well as both pens are really solid and Pirates just not scoring much.

White Sox are home dogs with Quintana. Think he gets a little evenge vs Tigers who beat him at their place a week ago. Sox +1.5 @ -130 looks enticing.

Texas with Perez, who blanked same A's last week, now at home, and Rangers lost last night. But could we see Oakland sweep Texas like they did at Oakland last week? I just don't see it, and I believe Rangers are very good vs lefties while Oakland struggles mightily.
Under also looks good (U8) as totals in Texas seem to be set a little too high even when 2 good pitchers face each other.

Also like Under 7.5 in Brewers - Cards. St. Louis just nor hitting and 2 pitchers who are starting really strong.

Miami (1st 5) -125
Yep that kid Fernandez starting again in a rematch vs Braves and Wood. I don't hesitate when Fernandez is at home and line is not juiced.

SF Giants -1 (-108)
Cain just has to get win #1 soon as for the most part he's pitching well (save the last start in Colorado). Like their chances vs Stultz, who Giants have hit hard in past and he is not as good on the road. Giants coming off a home loss too.
Last edited by RollinDo; 04-29-14 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mgoncalves10 View Post
Cubs @ Reds

Is tonight the night that Samardzija gets his first win? He is pitching out of his mind, but the Cubbies are not helping him offensively. The Reds have dominated this series over the years going 25-7 against the Cubs since 2012. That, and the fact that it's the Cubs makes me want to side with the Reds. But, I like the U1 1st inning here just by the way they've both been pitching. The Reds are hitting Samardzija with a .227 BA, while the Cubs are hitting .241 against Simon.

Anyone else like the U1 at -135
The reds hit Samardzija .277, not .227.....

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvsp...eff-samardzija

that being said, I also liked the no score 1st inning last night and will probably be on it again tonight

I like the Red Sox tonight at -169.. Lackey has had two shaky starts this season, but for the most part, he's pitched well. Erik Bedard on the other hand has not been all that great this season, and in three starts, he has yet to go longer than 4 innings. Lackey's numbers against the Rays aren't the most impressive, but the Rays have lost 5 of their last 7. I don't see Erik Bedard being the one to get them out of this funk at Fenway Park.

May even take the RL on the Red Sox in a parlay... Thoughts?