Login Search

2014 mlb

Last Post

KC/HOU U8.5 -105 (1.05 to win 1.00)
Harrell is due for a good game, and this is a good spot for him to get it against a Royals team that isn't putting runs on the board so far this year, and is one that Harrell pitched seven shutout innings last year on two hits and a few walks. While Ventura will face off for the first time against the this Astros ball club.

Rays vs Orioles cancelled yesterday, I'm not placing another bet on the under.

Cubs FF ML +170
(0.29 to win 0.50)
CHC/NYY U7.5 -110 (0.55 to win 0.50)
There are a few guys in this Yankees lineup that have been able to hit Hammel (Soriano, Ellsbury, Johnson) Solarte also stands a good chance at getting a hit. However, even though the Yanks have been able to get on base against Hammel they havent been very good at manufacturing runs when they do. He's also off to good start with a couple of nice games against Pittsburgh and stands a good chance to continue with the weather conditions today. Tanaka on the other side, hasn't faced any of the batters on this Cubs team so he stands a good chance at pitching a very good game as well and is why I like the under in this matchup. But, I would like to think that the outcome of the first five is somewhat of a coin flip on a day like this and is therefore worth a play at +170.

(NBA) Suns -2 (0.55 to win 0.50)
Kings will be sitting Cousins and Gay tonight. Though the Dragic will be out as well. The Suns are still the better team and I think Hornacek will have them finish out the season strong as I think they don't want to lose three of four to the Kings, so I think they are playing for some of their pride in this matchup. Plus I like fading home underdogs after they've won the previous game as a home underdog.

Braves FF RL +120 (0.83 to win 1.00) LOSS
---------------------------------
KC/HOU U8.5 -105 (1.05 to win 1.00) WIN
----------------------------------
Cubs FF ML +170 (0.29 to win 0.50) LOSS
CHC/NYY U7.5 -110 (0.55 to win 0.50) WIN
(NBA) Suns -2 (0.55 to win 0.50) WIN

Combined Day Total: 3-2 (+0.88)
Overall: 26-15-1 (+10.25)
Total Units Risked: 30.15
ROI: 34.00%

Tigers TTR U4 +105 (0.71 to win 0.75)
I feel like the Tigers are getting a too much respect on this line. Yes they have a solid lineup, but so far this year that has not been evident. Sure they could decide to return to their mean, but I would expect it will be a different time and place. I think Salazar and company have a good chance holding Detriot to three runs or less in this weather, asSalazar has proven he can deal in Detriot with six shutout innings last year, on the way to a 4-0 win. I feel he has good shot at turning this play into a potential winner.

Rays +101 (Will treat as if it's -1)
Rays FF RL -120 (0.90 to win 0.75)
Rays RL +130 (0.58 to win 0.75)
Rays have lost three in a row, but that has actually been a good spot to take them on the runline in the past 10 years or so, especially against the Yankees as they have won 8 of 9 in such situations. Rays will be sending David Price who is coming a solid game in Cincinnati and looks to do the same against a Yankees team. While Jeter and Roberts have had success against Price, the Yankees lineup otherwise looks pretty nice for Price and he has fared very well in his past five starts with the oddball coming last year when he was pitching poorly. Sabathia on the other hand has been getting pelted by this Rays lineup over the past couple years as his stuff continues to decline, and it looks there is a good chance of this again today despite how the Rays are hitting the ball. Luckily the difference between how they hit the ball home and away is night and day with this lineup.
Away
8 258 14 48 10 0 6 76 14 .186 .258 .295 .553

Home
7 226 31 59 18 1 5 94 28 .261 .357 .416 .773
Last edited by Emancipator; 04-17-14 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emancipator View Post
Mariners ML +110 (0.45 to win 0.50)
Ramirez had a good outing against the Rangers last year that lead to a Mariners win, we'll see if he can do it against Scheppers.
For the record, Mariners starter has a 6.42 ERA in 9 day games vs a 3.63 ERA in 24 night games.

I'm not on it though so I'll root for you.

Gonna take the day off from handicapping. Though Considering the Rays went down yesterday I'm gonna plop unit down on the Yankees knowing that Kuroda is a better pitcher than Bedard and neither have done well against their respective opponents. Difference is Yankees are on a role and hitting the ball very well, Tampa Bay couldn't get more than 2 runs of a Yankees team that started Sabathia, they had alot going for them and that was easily their best shot at a win in this series, and they get creamed. Not sure why the line is moving against the Yankees though ... I guess we'll find out if there is any substance to it.
Yankees ML Even (1.00 to win 1.00)

Indians -1 @ +105
ML -130 (0.65 to win 0.50)
RL +165 (0.30 to win 0.50)
While Chen did pitch well last year in his two games against the Indians their are a few more guys that hit this lefty well than his counterpart Kluber for the Indians who won all four games last year against the Royals in which he started. The Royals have also been struggling to put men on base away from home, which makes it tough to win ballgames at Progressive Field.