Login Search

Let's beat the book

Last Post

I might be ahead if I flat bet. Each lose is a 4 unit loss, but this is a two or three game chase so we need to stick with progressive betting. I'm hopping that as time goes by progressive betting will turn out to be the way to go. If not a small tweak in bank management might be in order. Time will tell.

Last night we got nothing. Lets hope today is a little better. Looks like we have 3 games to watch. I need some action.

Official must win
Marlins

Official must lose
Braves

Unofficial must win
Mariners
Twins

Unofficial must lose
Dodgers
Yanks

We had a couple other games that would have been system games to watch but they were only a 2 game series and we need at least a 3 or 4 game series to make a play. Lets hope we get something out of this. Stay the course.

Official bets 12-5 unofficial bets 6-0 faux bank $1217.29

Looks like me could make a few bucks today.

Official
Braves (A) bet ML-110 $60.00 to win $54.55

Unofficial
Yankees (A) bet -125 $60.00 to win $48.00

1 unit bets or about 5% of our bank. Not sure if the Dodgers game will be a double header or not today, but if it is and they lose the first one go ahead and put some jack on them. They won't get swept. GL

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Creep View Post
Looks like me could make a few bucks today.

Official
Braves (A) bet ML-110 $60.00 to win $54.55

Unofficial
Yankees (A) bet -125 $60.00 to win $48.00

1 unit bets or about 5% of our bank. Not sure if the Dodgers game will be a double header or not today, but if it is and they lose the first one go ahead and put some jack on them. They won't get swept. GL
Dodgers playing two on Thursday. Keep rollin'!

Today we have just one play to make. The Yanks are postponed until June 2nd so scratch that one. The play is on the Braves. Tomorrow we have 6 games to watch so we should make some jack on the 3rd.

Faux bank $1157.29

Official bets are 14-5 unofficial are 8-0

Official
Braves ML-130 (B) bet $180.00 to win $138.46

The (B) bet is 3X's our (A) bet. GL.

I know I said to scratch the Yanks, but after taking a closer look I can't help but believe the Yanks will come out on top tonight. Are you with me ! This won't be a system play but I'll put a few clams on it with my personal BR.

We also have an official game to watch tonight. The Brewers need to lose in order for us to make a play and I see that they are the underdogs. Looking good.
Last edited by Jimmy the Creep; 05-01-14 at 06:26 PM. Reason: add something

Win some lose some. Let's move on.

Official bets 14-6 unofficial 8-0

Faux bank $977.29

Friday 5/2

Official bet
Brewers (A) bet RL-195 $48.00 to win $24.62

Games to watch

Official must win
Cubs
Marlins

Official must lose
Cards
A's

Unofficial must lose
Yanks
Dodgers

Let's turn this mess around.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

Heinsbaek gave Jimmy the Creep 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Today we have lots of action. 5 games to bet on. These are all (A) bets and I will put 1 unit or about 5% of my bank on each game. GL

Official will win
Braves ML (A) $48.00 to win $28.24 -170
A's RL (A) $48.00 to win $30.00 -160
Cards ML (A) $48.00 to win $27.23

Unofficial will win
Yanks ML (A) $48.00 to win $25.67
Dodgers ML (A) $48.00 to win $41.83

Yeah, I see a few changes a head. I went off the tracks yesterday. Guess I was feeling lucky. Can't go with that feeling when your betting on sports. And now back to reality. Official bets lost on the (A) bet and the unofficial bets won. So today we have 3 games to bet on. I like to bet 3X's the (A) bet for the (B) bet but today I don't feel to lucky. So to finish off, I will back off a little and only bet 2X's the (A) bet amount. And if the Braves get swept again I will not bet on them again for the rest of the season. Maybe.

Official bets 14-6 unofficial bets 10-0 Over all 24-6

Faux bank is now $900.79 not happy.

Official bets
Braves ML -130 $96.00 to win $73.85
A's ML -104 $96.00 to win $92.31
Cards ML -136 $96.00 to win $70.59

Although 24-6 is not bad. The bankroll does not reflect a very positive image. I hate complicated BR management techniques. I know 5% is a little high, and I know I should stick too 1-3 bets at a time. And when I start to read one of those BR management articles on here or anywhere, I fall asleep while reading almost right away. Have you been using a system that (really) works ? Is it simple ? I'm using the chase system for the NFL and NBA, but my winning % is higher there so the system I use works just fine. Just struggling a bit with MLB.

On another subject. Now that we have enough games played. I can begin to see that the system I use for the NFL and NBA will also work for base ball. Should win about 90% of our bets. I've been using it for the past 3 or 4 seasons and it works pretty darn good. So just for fun. This will be my first pick based on that system. It might be a little early to start, but let's see what happens.

KC to win.

KC lost. That was just the (A) bet. We still have (B) and (C). And the Braves can go jump off a bridge.
Last edited by Jimmy the Creep; 05-04-14 at 06:37 PM.

The braves couldn't get it done. They were swept twice in a row. Is that some kind of team record ? Any way they were the only loss in the series. So we ended up 4-1.

Official bets are 16-7 unofficial are 10-0 over all 26-7

Faux bank is now $1255.69

Today we are just going to watch some games.

Must lose teams
Tigers
Brewers
Rangers
Yanks
A's

Must win teams
Astros
Marlins
Cubs
Diamondbacks
Mariners

And just for fun we have a (B) bet on KC. That would be 2 units.