Login Search

Let's beat the book

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by Down_Goes Bookie View Post
Sorry for your loss Jimmy. I just lost my mother last week. Not a huge surprise but still difficult to take.

Interesting system you have here. I'lll be following along. Thanks and good luck.
Thanks very much. My father was a very healthy 70 year old. He even drove his motorcycle to the hospital. He went because he had hiccups that just wouldn't stop. He thought they might give him something to help. They sure did. As soon as they gave him a shot of something he went down hill. Looks like they killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by keel44 View Post
A realistic unit size being 4% of a bankroll, one unit of $1000 is $40. So you are up 3.722 units. I am just putting into perspective what you are doing and I like it. It seems safe enough.
Because BB is usually just a two game chase I feel 5% =1 unit is ok. For NBA and NFL I stick to 3% because that's a 3 game chase.

Looks like a good day to fatten our BR. After watching yesterday we have come up with 3 nice bets today.

Faux bank $1148.89 official bets 8-3 unofficial bets 3-0.

I'm going to bet on all 3 plays today. I will bet 5% or 1 unit on each bet. 3 bets at one time are the max. Anymore than that and things get crazy.

Tigers ML-150 $57.00 to win$38.00
Mariners ML-115 $57.00 to win $49.57
Dodgers ML-185 $57,00 to win $30.81

Faux bank $977.89

#11 explains the system. BOL

Hope you didn't parlay that Sunshine. Here's some food for thought. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. Let's pig out.

Official bets 10-3 unofficial bets 3-0. 1 bet pending.

Faux bank is now $1160.70

Today we would like to cash in on the Seattle game. But the guy on the mound, Maurer, doesn't give me that warm fuzzy feeling. And it's still April the month where I suspect most of our loses will be. Hmmm, do we bet it or do we walk away ? .........Thinking. Ok lets go for it.

If Seattle gets swept, no big deal. In the end we will still beat the book. That being said I'm only going to bet 1.5 X's my (A) bet instead of the usual 3X's. So here's the play for today.

Seattle (B) bet -105 $85.50 to win $81.43

Tomorrow we have some more games to watch. GL.

As you can see in #51 I had that funny feeling in my gut. I should have walked on this one. Oh well, it's interesting putting a new idea to the test. We are taking a few lumps here in April. Can't wait to see how this month compares to next. Looks like we will have 5 or 6 games to look at tomorrow. I'll post them after the (Power ranking list) is updated.

System bets are now 10-4 unofficial bets are 3-0

Faux bank$1075.20

Hmmm, were not making much head way. That will change soon.

I'm a little behind the ball today. Good thing it's not a betting day. That's tomorrow. Fox sports never updated their (power ranking) list so I'm going with the (bleacher report) this week. Ever hear of an alternator for your car costing $1475.00 bucks just for the part? Tough day man.

So lets see. I believe we have some games to watch.

Must win official
Miami
Phillies
Astros

Must lose official
Tigers
Braves
cardinals
Brewers
A's
Dodgers

Unofficial must lose
Washington

Lets rock I need to fix my car.

I just noticed The Tigers/W.Sox game is unofficial.
Last edited by Jimmy the Creep; 04-21-14 at 09:06 PM.

Lots of action today. Looks like we have 4 official bets and 2 unofficial bets that we could make. I'm only going to bet 3 games and they will be the most likely to win. In my opinion. They are all (A) bets and I will bet 1 unit that's about 5% of my bank.

Faux bank $1075.20 Official bets 10-4 unofficial bets 3-0

Official
Cardinals (A) ML-168
A's (A) ML -160
Dodgers (A) ML-177
Seattle (A) ML-160

Unofficial
Tigers (A) ML-240
Washington (A) ML-110

I'm only going to bet on official games so.

Dodgers $53.00 to win $30.11
Cardinals $53.00 to win $31.55
A's $53.00 to win $33.13

For tracking the system all the games will go into the win lose record. I'm just betting on 3 games because that's all I have the balls to.

I love this system honestly , I use the same method with wins and losses on game 1 or 2 of the series to judge my next game winner, without the power rankings . The only problem I have is when it's a four game series . Cause I believe it's really hard to sweep any team , just like it is hard to take 3/4 (those things only happen if the opposite team plays sloppy . But you should take notice to the pitching matchups as we'll . And make Detroit -1 at (-180) as they have verlander vs a spot starter . This bet is more safe than the dodgers or cardinals match ups . The mets have gee on the mound who has been good , close to great this year and wainwright you'd think it's a big mismatch but it's closer than more think . Just like the dodgers and philly game . Philly can hit lefties and if he ryu is not on his game he can be tagged for more than enough runs for Burnett and a struggling dodgers offense . One of the under dogs will come out on top . That's why I'm not betting on those . Just thought id give you my opinion on those two games .

Oh my picks for tonight are :
detroit -1 (-180) Idk if they cover but it's safe bet because I don't see under any imagination Detroit loosing.
reds over pirates . They have cueto on the mound and look for them to even the series .
ive yet to decide if there any other games that are good options , but one to look at is the Marlins game as they have Jose Fernandez on the mound and look for him to pitch a gem and break the away streak . They are not going to go 0-82 on the road and this a perfect time for them to get the w

Sunshine, it's good to see that great systems think a like.

Amadeo, you make some good points, in fact if I looked at some of the other things you mentioned. I might have second thoughts about betting on some of the games we've bet on.

Because I only came up with this system at the tail end of last season I haven't really put it to the test yet. This is the test. What I want to do is run the system with as few filters as possible and only add a filter if I really need to. So far we're going in the right direction and after the Power Ranking list stops having such big swings I think we will be in good shape. It looks like the risk factor is already pretty low. If we add a filter that will help us win more but we may have less action.

Keep it coming, it's all food for thought and we're on the same team.

Your picks look pretty sound to me.

Playing the same team means very little. It is how the teams are currently playing. If you are a good team your winning runs are longer and losing runs shorter and vice versa.

Seattle is not playing well and they are not supposed to be a great team. There is no way they deserve those odds....against anybody right now.

Pittsburgh has not been playing well and Cincy has played a little better. The reds just lost against Pittsburgh. I would like to say that the Reds will not get swept and the juice is favorable as well.