Login Search

Let's beat the book

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by keel44 View Post
The problem is this early on, nobody really knows how good/bad a team will be. Trust me, the White Sox are better than a bottom 5 team.
I agree. The first week or so of this system has a little bit of the cross your fingers thing going on. If were going to lose a bet or two it would be in the month of April. I'll feel much better after we get a better feel about where the teams really are ranked. last year I only back tested this about two months. I don't have the time to go back any farther. If someone could find the time that would be great.

Not quite sure what the heck is up with Boston. They sure aren't acting like the champs they're supposed to be. Guess we have no choice but to put this one in the lost column. As the weeks go on the chances of this happening get less and less. Still, I'm not very happy about it.

I'm glad to see the Dodgers came through for us and if you did play the unofficial Diamondbacks they helped offset the Boston thing.

So far official bets 3-1 unofficial bets 2-0.

faux bank
$735.21+$183+$122.00=$1040.21

Looks like today we will be watching.
Cardinals
Boston
These two must lose the first game.
Twins
They must win the first game.

It's a good system. Just an early bump in the road. We will stay on course.
Last edited by Jimmy the Creep; 04-07-14 at 07:54 AM.

Foxsports.com has a simulation thing. I think Whatifsports.com is doing it. It looks real good, so from now on that's where I'm getting the power ranking info.

Sorry for the confusion. It's the little things like this that needs a bit of work. So at the moment I have no idea what teams we need to be watching today. I'll get it all figured out.
Last edited by Jimmy the Creep; 04-07-14 at 05:40 PM.

If you've been betting for a while, you know that the start of the MLB can be hard to get a handle on until things settle down. Right now I'm having a little trouble deciding who I trust the most when it comes to (ranking the teams). In fact, I'm starting to feel a little bit like a bitch. I can't seem to make up my mind. Last night I looked at many Power Ranking lists. And each one seem to have good, valid reasons why we should follow them. The problem is that every list was different and some were way different. Most had Boston near the top but some had them near the bottom. WTF.

So here's what I'm going to do. Foxsports.com has two lists. One seems to be made up by a human and the other (SIM) list is done by a computer. The list made up by a human has the Tigers on top. That's the one I'm going to go by. I used that list for about a month at the end of last season and I didn't lose one bet. If you guys have list you have been using and it seems like an accurate one please let me know. In the mean time for this system I'm using the Foxsports.com one. The human one. The list is updated every Monday.

So based on all that B.S. here is how today looks.

The Rays lost to KC. The Rays are a top 5 team and KC is outside the top 10. So we will bet that the Rays will win one of the next two games against KC.

We also have 3 games to watch today.
Washington/Marlins
Mets/Braves
Cubs/Pirates

Rays (A) bet. 1 unit. 5% of your bank. Bet the ML.

Faux bank $52.00 to win $48.15.

$1040.21-$52.00=$988.21

Quote Originally Posted by keel44 View Post
I think common sense goes a long way. I would say Texas and Cincy should be in the top 10. Baltimore is out and KC is out of the top ten.

I say the 3 games to you have to watch today are good.
My common sense isn't worth shit. My first 3 or 4 years of betting sports was based on my common sense. I had to reload over and over again. I no longer use it in my betting.

Thanks for the input Keel. It helps.

The Rays came through on the (A) bet. Official system bets 4-1 unofficial bets 2-0.

Faux bank
$988.21+$52+$48.15=$1088.36

Last night the Mets, a bottom 5 team. Beat the Braves who are outside the bottom 10. That means we have a system bet. We will bet that the Braves will win one of the next two games.

(A) bet on the Braves ML 1 unit. That's 5% of your bank.

Faux bank
$1088.36-$54.00=$1034.36

$54 to win $38.03

This morning the Braves opened at -142. I see they are now +150. Now back to -145. Wish I grabbed them as the dog.
Last edited by Jimmy the Creep; 04-09-14 at 10:20 AM. Reason: update

The Braves hung on to beat the Mets. Official system bets are now 5-1 unofficial are 2-0.

Faux bank
$1034.36+$54.00+$38.03=$1126.39

Tomorrow 4/10 we have an unofficial game to watch. White Sox/Cleveland. The White Sox must win in order for this to be a play.

On the 11th we will have a bunch of games to watch. On the 12th it should be raining money.

Amazing. The White Sox had to win and they did. That means we have an unofficial bet on them today. Even though they are just outside the bottom 5 and are not quite an official bet I feel very confident that we are about to make some cash.

We are going to bet that the White Sox will lose one of the next two games against Cleveland. So The (A) bet is for Cleveland to win. For some reason Cleveland is the underdog. So we will bet 1 unit on the RL. That's 5% of your bank. If they become the favorite by game time bet the ML.

Faux bank
$1126.39
5% $56.00 to win $38.13
$1126.39-$56.00=$1070.39

Today we start a new 3 game series and we have several games to watch. We will be printing cash tomorrow.

Top five teams that must lose the first game are.
Rays
Washington
Cardinals
Dodgers
Tigers
Bottom 5 teams that must win the first game are.
Twins
Mets
Rockies
Astros

Out of this group we should have 3 or 4 games to bet on tomorrow. I feel like a kid in a candy shop.

P.S. I wasn't going to bet on unofficial games, but what the heck.
Last edited by Jimmy the Creep; 04-11-14 at 11:00 AM.