Login Search

2014 MLB thread with friends

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
So you're saying you can place a wager on the losing side and be right?
believe it or not the broke bitch circus midget is right for once in his life (im sure he just heard it somewhere tho) on this one.. no idea on the gm today or what gm ya'll talking bout but there lots of times the right side loses for a ton of reasons, hence the reason there no such things as locks...hell monday night fb i bet the colts (more on over) but i didnt come away from that play thinking i was wrong making the bet, about 3 things had to go wrong on the 1 play luck threw the pick to turn eagles backers into cashing a ticket they didnt deserve to. a no call pi, a stupid play call to risk not getting any points that would have all but sealed the gm, a pick by luck at a crucial time. maybe i sound bitter but not really as there a ton of bets ive won where i was lucky and cashed a bad play,. it just the nature of the beast and with bases prob more so as the key is to bet lines that win more than the odds suggest more than actually picking the winner that day. that how i approach it anyways..

Quote Originally Posted by oldscho0led View Post
Chased on the Jays and this is what i get. Orioles are fuckin unreal.
1st time ive got involved but i actually played jays also, lol.. i knew it was bad idea but always subscribed to the fade after clinching theory, luckily braves garbage asses covered the rl against a minor league squad (fukkin barely!lol),, then got my cards/cle parlay rosenthal screwed me out of yesterday ..went to cards gm tonight, waino was awesome! so happy he seems to be past that stretch where it looked like his arm was shot, his stuff was sharp tonight and velocity was back where it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
believe it or not the broke bitch circus midget is right for once in his life (im sure he just heard it somewhere tho) on this one.. no idea on the gm today or what gm ya'll talking bout but there lots of times the right side loses for a ton of reasons, hence the reason there no such things as locks...hell monday night fb i bet the colts (more on over) but i didnt come away from that play thinking i was wrong making the bet, about 3 things had to go wrong on the 1 play luck threw the pick to turn eagles backers into cashing a ticket they didnt deserve to. a no call pi, a stupid play call to risk not getting any points that would have all but sealed the gm, a pick by luck at a crucial time. maybe i sound bitter but not really as there a ton of bets ive won where i was lucky and cashed a bad play,. it just the nature of the beast and with bases prob more so as the key is to bet lines that win more than the odds suggest more than actually picking the winner that day. that how i approach it anyways..
This is exactly right. It's the harshest reality that a gambler has to come to grips with: the "right" side isn't always the right side. Why it's called gambling in the first place, and why tat always reminds me to not be so results oriented, especially in isolated doses (right, tat?) Easier said than done for most of us, though. Supposedly all evens out in the end, when the bad beats and the "right" plays that lose are canceled out by fortuitous bounces and just plain getting lucky. Whether or not that's true is an entirely different discussion....

like 2 da bank said, its just part of the biz. lets move on to more important issues such as early leans. Anyone look at the As total today? Gray and Martinez each have great numbers against each other's respective teams , yet total 7.5 ? I figured it to be 7 before looking. Public also looks to be betting under more than over according to my website. Approximately 56 %. I feel this is a 2-1 game into the 6th inning yet this 7.5 total messing with my head. any thoughts anyone? thanks.