Login Search

2014 MLB thread with friends

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
2daBank did you hit the CIN RL today?
No was still fuming from waking up fri morning and seeing dbags managed to lose that game so took the night off, lol...just starting on saturdays card so havnt gotten to tonight gm yet, if memory serves me right cingrani was really tough on cards last yr.

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

No was still fuming from waking up fri morning and seeing dbags managed to lose that game so took the night off, lol...just starting on saturdays card so havnt gotten to tonight gm yet, if memory serves me right cingrani was really tough on cards last yr.
ya im leaning CIN so far, gonna wait closer to game time tho. been doing alright so far this month in mlb but it seems like line closers have been killing me compared to where i got my wager in at. and your right cingrani has given them problems in the past. CIN won 6-2 when he started at home in his most recent start against them last year. granted tho the line was much more in favor of CIN at the time. not to mention STL hasnt been doins so well verse lefties this year.

ya im leaning CIN again tomorrow but waiting closer to game time. been doing alright in mlb so far this month, just the closing line numbers have been killing be compared to what ive got it in at, for the most part. and ya your right cingrani beat them 6-2 in the last start he had against them with CIN at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsMeMrMattE View Post
ya im leaning CIN so far, gonna wait closer to game time tho. been doing alright so far this month in mlb but it seems like line closers have been killing me compared to where i got my wager in at. and your right cingrani has given them problems in the past. CIN won 6-2 when he started at home in his most recent start against them last year. granted tho the line was much more in favor of CIN at the time. not to mention STL hasnt been doins so well verse lefties this year.
Cards havnt did so well vs lefties since the bush administration! Seriously, a lot of the names have changed but for whatever reason this been going on foreva.. weirdest thing is the shittier the lefty the worse they are, they actually hit kershaw pretty decently, makes no sense. honestly cingrani outta be the kind of lefty they can hit since he throws such a high percentage of fastballs but in his small sample no1 besides carpenter has had much success. On the other hand while trusting jamie is not something im thrilled about doing he has pitched really well vs cincy in his career, only problem is the majority of those starts were at home and dude been a headcase on the road his whole career, no way to know if that has changed. Cards dont lose series to reds very often (like maybe 2 of last 11, dont quote me on that but it somethin crazy), kinda lean under will prob pass on a side, guess could chase cards cause dont believe they will get swept..

Quote Originally Posted by 1Time! View Post
Bank, thoughts on sox/rays? Thinking either rays or team total over 3.5 as peavy has been getting hit
I looked at thar gm a bunch, pretty much tampons or pass but laying that juice w team nearly as shitty didnt seem that apeaking. Fading sox at plus money was more fun

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
I need someone to talk me out of Texas today. Porcello's numbers are a fvckin joke.
How do you figure Porcello's numbers are a joke? 2.91 1.01 and .238 are damn good and backed up by 3.19 FIP. .266 BABIP suggests he's getting a little lucky but it's not awful. He's been getting progressively better over the past couple of years.

One thing that does concern me is Porcello's velocity is down this year, but evidently that's working for him. Choo and Beltre do smack him around at well over .300. No way am I backing Tigers at -175 but on the other hand Martinez has a lot of prove, being a 23 yr old pitcher who spent most of last season at A level.

Would be a sweet cash if Martinez can repeat the successes he's had in his 3 MLB starts this year against strong hitting clubs, Oakland twice and most recently Toronto. Heh at +160 I might hop on Texas and roll the dice.

Makes no sense how yr after yr they manage to get worse and loook even more lost, id fire everyone..
Agree. Time to clean house. Enough is enough. They obviously aren't getting any better -- especially Butler, Moustakas and even Hosmer. Even Gordon to a certain extent. He's good, but not nearly as good as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
I need someone to talk me out of Texas today. Porcello's numbers are a fvckin joke.
Porcello is definitely pitching above his head, but he's also been a perennial underachiever, so the truth lies somewhere in the middle. I'm sure a regression is coming, and I agree that it's insane he's favored like that. He was actually a higher-rated prospect than Verlander coming up and he's still only 25. Typical sinkerball pitcher who took a while to get things figured out. -180/-190 is crazy, though.

Like tribe in the early start gm. For most his career (give or take a season) ubaldo has managed to be even more erratic during the day, like the way tribe coming on, and kluber rock solid imo..I got no problem taking plus money here...
Agree -- just wish I'd gotten a better # than what's available now.

Also lean Toronto.