Login Search

on3's MLB 2014 Opening Day System Thread

Last Post

No time for a full post today since I'm traveling, but (A) bets today on WASH to win 36, CLE to win 40, MIL to win 40and a (B) bet on STL to win 69
Give Points

Points Awarded:

J.M. Disciple gave on3 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

md3324 gave on3 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

aviator172 gave on3 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

analyzer gave on3 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Quote Originally Posted by md3324 View Post
Should also note NYY has filtered potential if it can reach -145. Currently at -130 and 9 o/u.
Line is at -140 5dimes now and -138 on covers. I can only assume it will go up, but waiting minutes before game time... Have another 30minutes or so.

If it hits -145 it will be to win 40 regular and 20 filtered based on previous games being 36-40-40 there is only one other 40 left on the line.
Last edited by J.M. Disciple; 05-30-14 at 05:41 PM.

Hi Everyone,

I've tried figuring this out, but I can't find it on the first page of this thread anywhere. I would really like to understand this system some more. Is there a link that someone can point me at that I can read about it. I am intrigued. Thanks.

I see the point about the series, but I am not getting A games, B, C. Not getting filtered concepts either.

Don't understand when you say "TO WIN X regular vs. filtered". How many units is on each bet?

Any help is most graciously appreciated.

Thanks.
Last edited by Trivial; 05-31-14 at 06:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
Hi Everyone,

I've tried figuring this out, but I can't find it on the first page of this thread anywhere. I would really like to understand this system some more. Is there a link that someone can point me at that I can read about it. I am intrigued. Thanks.

I see the point about the series, but I am not getting A games, B, C. Not getting filtered concepts either.

Don't understand when you say "TO WIN X regular vs. filtered". How many units is on each bet?

Any help is most graciously appreciated.

Thanks.
3 game home chase where "A" being game 1 of the series has a closing line of -145 or higher. If game 1 loses you bet game 2 (B), the odds on game 2 does not matter and same with game 3 (C). $90 is the amount on3 is betting to win using labby lines as you can scroll through the thread and see how the labby works. He has a $20 unit size for this thread so STL is to win 4.5u. The filtered system is same as regular system however game 1 must have a o/u of 9 or higher.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Disciple View Post
3 game home chase where "A" being game 1 of the series has a closing line of -145 or higher. If game 1 loses you bet game 2 (B), the odds on game 2 does not matter and same with game 3 (C). $90 is the amount on3 is betting to win using labby lines as you can scroll through the thread and see how the labby works. He has a $20 unit size for this thread so STL is to win 4.5u. The filtered system is same as regular system however game 1 must have a o/u of 9 or higher.

Good Luck
Thanks so much J.M.

This is really helpful. If game 1 wins do you still bet game 2 or 3?

I dont get the filtered still. Is the moneyline odds still matter for the over under? Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
Thanks so much J.M.

This is really helpful. If game 1 wins do you still bet game 2 or 3?

I dont get the filtered still. Is the moneyline odds still matter for the over under? Thanks again!
Once a game in the series is won, the series is considered a win and the betting stops, therefore; if the A game wins you do not bet on B or C. If the A game loses and the B game wins, you do not bet on C.

A series becomes a "filtered" play when the regular criteria for a series is met (a team is starting a home series with the same team of at least 3 games and they are favored by -145 or higher on game 1) AND the O/U line is set at 9 runs or higher. The closing lines on 5dimes are used for the purpose of this system/thread and tracking purposes.

There are more little idiosyncrasies along the way that you will run into during the season and sometimes you have to make your own decisions as a bettor. You stated earlier that you could not find the system parameters on page 1 of this thread. If you want to be successful in betting and specifically with this system, I suggest you go back and read the entire thread. It may take 20 mins or so but it is worth it. I just got in on this system at the beginning of the season with no prior knowledge of it so believe me when I tell you, it is all there.
Last edited by md3324; 05-31-14 at 03:17 PM.