Login Search

on3's MLB 2014 Opening Day System Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by on3 View Post
LABBY LINES

So I wanted to ask everyone who follows this thread a question: do you like the current setup where I simply list the plays and the stage of the chase (A, B C) or do you want me to start posting a labby line where i tell you how much to bet? In past years I ran a three line labby, one for A, B, C. If I do run the labby line this year, I think I am going to just run it on one line and we would strike a number(s) off with every play. The A bet would be one strike, B bet would be 2 strikes, C bet would be three strikes.

Pros -- you dont have to calculate the betting amounts, lost units are recouped (in theory)
Cons -- lines can get big and present greater risk, not everyone has the same unit size, can be slightly confusing when numbers get shuffled

Let me know, thank you!
I am just checking in and wanted to thank you for running the thread once again. I do vote for the labby has martingale didn't prove profitable long term with this system. I remember posting something last year where I ran a test using a 1 line labby with the plays and line would just get way too heavy. I think your 3 line labby suits this system best even though it will be less profit then a 1 line labby. I would advocate since A bet has the highest win rate just do two lines. One for A and one for B and C, but when your A line clears move your B/C line up and start a fresh b/c line.

Regarding your A = 1 strike, B = 2 strike, and C = 3 strike in theory this is good for a system like the JM NBA system long term since C has the highest win rate. However, this system the A bets have the highest win rate, so would recommend if your going to take that approach let A be the highest strike count. Also the 1 strike, 2 strike, 3 strike would be similar to a martingale I would think. If you start with 1 # and lose 2 times you would have 3 #s on your line, but your C bet would be for 3 strike.

There are so many different variations to bet this system it is really up to you since its your thread. I would just run the labby one side and post the plays, letter, o/u 9 filter, and amount your betting.

Good Luck

UPDATED for 4/22/2014
System(s) record Chase:

Regular system: 29-1-0; Profit: +18.28 units
Filtered System: 6-0-0; Profit: +6 units
5/2 chase: 0-0-0; profit: 0 units

Records: (regular, filtered, 5/2)
Game 1 (A) win = 22-10; 5-1
Game 2 (B) win = 3-5; 0-1; 0-0
Game 3 (C) win = 4-1; 1-0; 0-0

Regular -- all plays must close at -145 or higher to be an official play
(B) SEA -169
(B) DET -238/-110 -- play RL
(A) TB -205/+105 -- play RL

Filtered -- all plays must meet 'Regular' requirement and close at an O/U of 9 or higher to be an official play
none
5/2

none
Last edited by on3; 04-22-14 at 01:14 PM.