Login Search

on3's MLB 2014 Opening Day System Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
What would happen if you start a series, first game is lost, and the second or third game gets rained out?
if game 1 loses and game 2 is rained out, you wait to see if there is a 2x header the next day. if not, then you eat the one unit loss and move on.

UPDATED for 4/21/2014
System(s) record Chase:

Regular system: 27-1-0; Profit: +16.28 units
Filtered System: 6-0-0; Profit: +6 units
5/2 chase: 0-0-0; profit: 0 units

Records: (regular, filtered, 5/2)
Game 1 (A) win = 20-8; 5-1
Game 2 (B) win = 3-5; 0-1; 0-0
Game 3 (C) win = 4-1; 1-0; 0-0

Regular -- all plays must close at -145 or higher to be an official play
(A) SEA -250/-107 -- play RL
(A) ATL -175
(A) DET -195/+110 -- play RL
(A) CLE -152

Filtered -- all plays must meet 'Regular' requirement and close at an O/U of 9 or higher to be an official play
none
5/2

none

LABBY LINES

So I wanted to ask everyone who follows this thread a question: do you like the current setup where I simply list the plays and the stage of the chase (A, B C) or do you want me to start posting a labby line where i tell you how much to bet? In past years I ran a three line labby, one for A, B, C. If I do run the labby line this year, I think I am going to just run it on one line and we would strike a number(s) off with every play. The A bet would be one strike, B bet would be 2 strikes, C bet would be three strikes.

Pros -- you dont have to calculate the betting amounts, lost units are recouped (in theory)
Cons -- lines can get big and present greater risk, not everyone has the same unit size, can be slightly confusing when numbers get shuffled

Let me know, thank you!