Login Search

on3's MLB 2014 Opening Day System Thread

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by TenCount View Post
I get tired of reading through the ?'s myself boys, sorry but I gotta clarify sumthin. I get the betting pattern for filtered plays, yins covered that well. But what is the bets for just regular plays? A loses, so you bet B at what you lost on A + 1 unit? And C is same? B losses + 1 unit?
Let's use dollars instead of units in this explanation. Each series is to win a set amount, in this example, $10.

If (A) Team XX -150 (bet 15 to win 10) loses. Then the (B) Team XX -170 bet is (15 loss carryover, so 17 to win 10 essentially becomes 32 to win 10 because you have to recover the carryover). You follow me so far? If (B) loses, then that means (C) Team XX -125 is (15 loss carryover + 32 loss carryover + the current bet (12.50) = 59.50 to win 10).

So if A loses, you bet B + A carryover. If B loses, you bet C + B carryover + A carryover.

UPDATED for 4/9/2014
System(s) record Chase:

Regular system: 17-1-0; Profit: +6.28 units
Filtered System: 4-0-0; Profit: +4 units
5/2 chase: 0-0-0; profit: 0 units

Records: (regular, filtered, 5/2)
Game 1 (A) win = 14-4; 3-1
Game 2 (B) win = 0-4; 0-1; 0-0
Game 3 (C) win = 3-1; 1-0; 0-0

Regular
none

Filtered
none

5/2
none

Quote Originally Posted by on3 View Post
Let's use dollars instead of units in this explanation. Each series is to win a set amount, in this example, $10.

If (A) Team XX -150 (bet 15 to win 10) loses. Then the (B) Team XX -170 bet is (15 loss carryover, so 17 to win 10 essentially becomes 32 to win 10 because you have to recover the carryover). You follow me so far? If (B) loses, then that means (C) Team XX -125 is (15 loss carryover + 32 loss carryover + the current bet (12.50) = 59.50 to win 10).

So if A loses, you bet B + A carryover. If B loses, you bet C + B carryover + A carryover.
Perfect description my man. Appreciate u taking the time even though I'm sure you have been asked these ?'s way too many times over the last few years. I will be tailing all year good and bad with $50 units. BOL

Quote Originally Posted by on3 View Post

On3: Not that i dont understand your explanation or question it, im just wondering what you mean with this qoute :

"Until then, I am playing (A) bets as a half unit, (B) bets as one unit, (C) bets as 2 units. Filtered wil be doubled."

I interpreted these amounts as the ones to gain in NET profit from each bet. But your explanation states 1 unit net profit for each bet. Am i missing something?

Only if you feel you have time to answer. I really appreciate this thread and your effort. I will be giving you all the points i can through the season.
Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkan View Post
On3: Not that i dont understand your explanation or question it, im just wondering what you mean with this qoute :

"Until then, I am playing (A) bets as a half unit, (B) bets as one unit, (C) bets as 2 units. Filtered wil be doubled."

I interpreted these amounts as the ones to gain in NET profit from each bet. But your explanation states 1 unit net profit for each bet. Am i missing something?

Only if you feel you have time to answer. I really appreciate this thread and your effort. I will be giving you all the points i can through the season.
Regards.
He's talking about just the first few weeks of the season. Then it will bump up to that description just given.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkan View Post

Regards.
That's just me limiting my action for the first couple weeks. And it was supposed to be interpreted as "each series is to win a .5 unit" as opposed to winning a full unit. The A, B, C progression were just my ballpark estimates of my bet amounts (my RISK amounts), not amounts to win. Hopefully that makes sense.

It wasnt meant to be an official declaration, I was giving my two cents on how I'm playing the first couple weeks.

UPDATED for 4/10/2014
System(s) record Chase:

Regular
none

Filtered
none

5/2
none
Give Points

Points Awarded:

analyzer gave on3 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Linkan gave on3 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UPDATED for 4/11/2014
System(s) record Chase:

Regular -- all plays must close at -145 or higher to be an official play
(A) SEA -148
(A) BAL -148
(A) TEX -220/-106 play RL
(A) STL -147
(A) SF -168
(A) LAA -160

Filtered -- all plays must meet 'Regular' requirement and close at an O/U of 9 or higher to be an official play
(A) BAL -148

5/2
none
Give Points

Points Awarded:

analyzer gave on3 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

UPDATED for 4/12/2014
System(s) record Chase:

Regular system: 20-1-0; Profit: +9.28 units

Game 1 (A) win = 17-6; 3-2

Regular -- all plays must close at -145 or higher to be an official play
(B) BAL -113
(B) TEX -159

Filtered -- all plays must meet 'Regular' requirement and close at an O/U of 9 or higher to be an official play
(B) BAL -113

5/2
none
Give Points

Points Awarded: