Login Search

And The Winneers Are $$$$$

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by shopbar picks View Post
Starting a trend that Saturday is not your day. But killing it every other day of the week. Congrats and thanks.
Saturdays are Strange for MLB. You will see more "OVers" and Dogs beating Faves & more often that any other days of the week Large ML Dogs cashing. This is due to deep psychological realities within the brains of baseball players as Saturdays are most reminiscent of what the sensation was that they felt when playing baseball in their Youth.

Subconsciously, without being aware of it, the baseball player on a team that is an Underdog on a Saturday tries harder while also being more relaxed and at ease while playing baseball on a Saturday. It is a "Return to Innocence", a hearkening back to they Youthful playing days of the baseball player.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolice View Post
Hello and good day VegasR,... any particular offshore accounts you might recommend,..? Thanks... Luke
I think that 5Dimes is the best one for those of us in the USA well for anywhere for that matter. BetDSI is also a good one. I have used BetUS and also offshorebookmaker and BetOnline but do not like those as much..

Quote Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Saturdays are Strange for MLB. You will see more "OVers" and Dogs beating Faves & more often that any other days of the week Large ML Dogs cashing. This is due to deep psychological realities within the brains of baseball players as Saturdays are most reminiscent of what the sensation was that they felt when playing baseball in their Youth.

Subconsciously, without being aware of it, the baseball player on a team that is an Underdog on a Saturday tries harder while also being more relaxed and at ease while playing baseball on a Saturday. It is a "Return to Innocence", a hearkening back to they Youthful playing days of the baseball player.
Very good analogy Buddha makes alot of sense and takes a whole another thing to add to handicapping something that I often overlook. The human psyche and the whole mental attitude of the players themselves. However I haven't look into this as a whole but this year at least it doesn't hold true only 15 out of 45 games have seen the underdog the victor

Quote Originally Posted by vegasreaper View Post
Very good analogy Buddha makes alot of sense and takes a whole another thing to add to handicapping something that I often overlook. The human psyche and the whole mental attitude of the players themselves. However I haven't look into this as a whole but this year at least it doesn't hold true only 15 out of 45 games have seen the underdog the victor
That 33 % yes on the surface unimpressive but improves when one "chooses their spots, of course" combines the perception of saturdays with their other handicapping conclusions.

How many LARGE Dogs (+185 or greater) were found amongst those 15 out of 45? Especially after one had concluded based on their other handicapping that this Large Dog held Value?

Just Food for Thought really, all of this....it has been "my take" over many years of MLB betting. I have cashed many more LARGE Dogs on Saturday than any other day.

When this take on saturdays in MLB was used as a filter to apply to leans born from normal handicapping process.

Saturday Overs/Large Dog success....in part, at least, may be due to my own betting behavior/perception.

If nothing else the "psychological" had to be considered where regards Hot or Cold Streaks of Teams....loss of a key player that might affect teams psyche....

Psychology may explain why Baseball is such a Streaky game, teams go on Winning or Losing streaks, Low or High Scoring Streaks etc.

On Saturday also though.....there are more kids in the crowd so possibly this motivates players to do better (more excitement/enthusiasm from the crowd)....possibly there is a better overall "vibe" in the stadium bcuz the crowd is more fun than on weekdays or Sundays?
Last edited by buddha; 04-24-16 at 03:19 PM.

That 33 % yes on the surface unimpressive but improves when one "chooses their spots, of course" combines the perception of saturdays with their other handicapping conclusions.

How many LARGE Dogs (+185 or greater) were found amongst those 15 out of 45? Especially after one had concluded based on their other handicapping that this Large Dog held Value?

Just Food for Thought really, all of this....it has been "my take" over many years of MLB betting. I have cashed many more LARGE Dogs on Saturday than any other day.

When this take on saturdays in MLB was used as a filter to apply to leans born from normal handicapping process.

Saturday Overs/Large Dog success....in part, at least, may be due to my own betting behavior/perception.

If nothing else the "psychological" had to be considered where regards Hot or Cold Streaks of Teams....loss of a key player that might affect teams psyche....

Psychology may explain why Baseball is such a Streaky game, teams go on Winning or Losing streaks, Low or High Scoring Streaks etc.

On Saturday also though.....there are more kids in the crowd so possibly this motivates players to do better (more excitement/enthusiasm from the crowd)....possibly there is a better overall "vibe" in the stadium bcuz the crowd is more fun than on weekdays or Sundays?
Really appreciate your input Buddha, I will definitely add it to my arsenal makes alot of sense. So many things to analyze and handicap when it comes to baseball thats why so many people just don't bother with it. Stats stats and more stats, personality traits, first game back after long road trip having to hear the wives, friends etc want tickets and what not. I personally though think that it is the best to make money at with alot of hard work and shoot for those that want to do totals, overs and unders you can through in the umpire rotations

Quote Originally Posted by vegasreaper View Post
Really appreciate your input Buddha, I will definitely add it to my arsenal makes alot of sense. So many things to analyze and handicap when it comes to baseball thats why so many people just don't bother with it. Stats stats and more stats, personality traits, first game back after long road trip having to hear the wives, friends etc want tickets and what not. I personally though think that it is the best to make money at with alot of hard work and shoot for those that want to do totals, overs and unders you can through in the umpire rotations
So Much....as you mention.

I probably rely, focus on the psychological aspects too much really....wish I was more like cappers like yourself who have the special patience to delve deeply into the numbers.

Appropriate that with all that you mention above ^^^^ that your final Two Words = "umpire rotations".

Tiny % of cappers go that deep, those that do have better win %.

Thats why I don't worry if you have down days or even cold streaks...bcuz you do the work, those that do the work and do that to the level that you do, I believe they have better overall results.

I grasp that your mention of Umpires was for guys who bet O/Us, not your focus but mentioning them just indicates you know what to use for what.

Thanks again for the thread and your generosity in sharing here, in past NCAAFootball/NFL....we have even messed with some Horses on occasion lol, Kentucky Derby and the like. You're among the most Solid Guys on here.
Last edited by buddha; 04-25-16 at 01:38 AM.

So Much....as you mention.

I probably rely, focus on the psychological aspects too much really....wish I was more like cappers like yourself who have the special patience to delve deeply into the numbers.

Appropriate that with all that you mention above ^^^^ that your final Two Words = "umpire rotations".

Tiny % of cappers go that deep, those that do have better win %.

Thats why I don't worry if you have down days or even cold streaks...bcuz you do the work, those that do the work and do that to the level that you do, I believe they have better overall results.

I grasp that your mention of Umpires was for guys who bet O/Us, not your focus but mentioning them just indicates you know what to use for what.

Thanks again for the thread and your generosity in sharing here, in past NCAAFootball/NFL....we have even messed with some Horses on occasion lol, Kentucky Derby and the like. You're among the most Solid Guys on here.
Thanks my friend for all the kind words. I really do try to do this with my best effort and help those that struggle make some cash. This is why when things struggle and the naysayers and trashtalkers in here start stepping in I always take it personal. Thats why so many people here I talk with tell me why do you even bother with the forums you get the grief and insults from people who don't really understand the longevity of this endeavor all things will go through their phases but through money management we expect to have more good days than bad and at the end we come out a little ahead and as our bankroll grows so do our wagers. Well anyways thanks again for the compliments I appreciate it and I shall continue the hard work it takes for us to hopefully succeed