Login Search

mlb chase 2013

Last Post

What id Dodgers win and PSG lose?
OH sorry - what if the Dodgers WIN - then he is screwed LOL

If the Dodgers lose . . .

Then he plays the "D" play pretending the Dodgers lost a 7 unit game. If I would have thought this through before I emptied my bank (lol not really but it felt like it) I would have done the same knowing absolutly nothing about soccer . . . or even what league that is. Hell, I don't even know what PSG is, a team??

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder12000 View Post
Actually what Stifler is doing is NOT a bad idea. If he loses the parlay he is out 7 units and can play a normal "D" game His parlays last year hit about 50% I think. Have to look.

Negative thinking - not even going to think about that. Tonight using the odds of the last 3 games we SHOULD win 29 out or 30 times. 3.4% of the time we will lose.
lAST TIME you said this we lost lol

Another benefit to going this parlay is that the soccer game is this afternoon, so you'll know already if you won half of the parlay before the Dodgers game so if you want to adjust you can, but if the soccer game wins this afternoon, you get a very low cost alternative to playing Dodgers -260

So basically the Dodgers are NOT a system play today and Stifler is abandoning the Chase as back tested. I don't really approve of this change but . . . . . what can ya do. He;s gone rogue.
-----------------------
F*ck of a lot of units for a "C" play! This is more like a "D" play! Stifler is taking scared mans route only risking 7 units instead of 21.

I'm not sure I can wager 60+ units on a "D" game! This is a 3 game chase for me!
Just so you know, he did the soccer parlay with a couple of d bets last year. Not sure what the record was on those plays, but from what I remember it did save him money overall.

Anyway gl to everybody. Hopefully Kershaw will come through for us and dominate tonite.

There is less then a 0.009% chance that I say that twice and lose both!
Gambler's Fallacy.

I get what you're saying and it seems intuitive but it simply is not correct. Since the events have already happen, it doesn't change the likelihood of the Dodgers winning tonight to 99.991%.

Each chase has around a 97% chance of winning but that doesn't change the odds for C and D bets to 90+%.

Also, to complete this theme of being a debby downer, I saw you wipe your bankroll parlaying the D bets last year Stifler. To each his own but you'd be better sticking with the system.

*side note: i like that you put in all of the work backtesting and posting plays every day, props for that. The only problem I have with this system is the selection of particular teams to play. There should be a reason a winning system works and it should apply to every team every year. Picking out individual teams exposes you to more variance and risk every year, as the makeup of each team changes each year to an extent. I think you would be better posting the plays for every team and picking out the series you like. But, you did clear 100 units last year and that would take even more work so what do i know.
Last edited by calebepley93; 04-17-13 at 02:26 PM.

There should be a reason a winning system works and it should apply to every team every year.
Actually I agree in principle with calebepley93. That and it's why I like the S1 Follow plays in Stifs NBA system. 10 years, every year was a winner - ALL teams winning. . . until this year.

But, you did clear 100 units last year and that would take even more work so what do i know.
Also agree with that LOL I just hang on and hope for the best!

As for the "R" word comment. When your daughter who has Down Syndrome and knows she is not like others but wishes she was (like all Down Syndrome people do) and she likes to read what dad likes to read so she can try to be like us and then see's comments like that, it makes her very sad because in her mind, all of a sudden, a stranger is making fun her and insulting her for something she really wishes she did not have.

And frankly, at that time, if I would have come down on you for saying it, I'm pretty sure you would not have listened.

I'm a father of a child with Down Syndrome which is the most amazing, loving, affliction I have ever seen so yea - I lashed out - sorry.