Login Search

Most accurate site for looking up past lines?

Last Post

Default Most accurate site for looking up past lines?

Hello all,

I posted this question in the CK thread, but I thought I'd make a separate thread as some of you may not actively check that thread.

I've been using covers.com to check past pitching records and to see what the moneyline were for certain games that pitchers started. Someone in another thread suggested www.sportsbettingstats.com. I checked out the site and noticed it has some moneylines that vary significantly from covers.com for some of the games.

Example:
Josh Beckett pitched against the Royals on 8.5.08. Covers.com has the ML at -165, but sportsbettingstats.com has it at +100. Beckett again on 7.9.08, covers.com ML is -241 and sportsbettingstats.com is +100.

Any idea as to why the big difference? Can someone suggest a site that they are almost certain has accurate historical info?

Thanks all.

MC25

tweek,

I'm researching starting pitchers, so what I do is I go to the MLB section of covers.com, then click on Players. I find the pitcher I need, and it brings up a nice little log/chart that lists all games he pitched in for the season with stats as well as M/Ls and O/Us. It's very convenient, unless of course the numbers are not accurate.