Login Search

on3's MLB 2012 Opening Game system thread 194-8 last year +60 units

Last Post

Quote Originally Posted by moshi View Post
I told you guys before, you should play the underdog for the first game in a series and then the fave thereafter. Then you won't have to go through an entire series loss.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...a2JWYXc#gid=30

here is a nice dog chase system. it was posted by cisco
Last edited by sstrunks52005; 05-10-12 at 01:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Disciple View Post
So your suggesting for all the A bets we fade our team? If the favorite wins then continue betting the underdog? I hope you realize A bets win 60+% for this system so you are saying we should take the 40% + odds on the A bets?
Game 1 win = 21-20; 7-2
Game 2 win = 14-6; 2-0
Game 3 win = 2-3; 0-0
I hope you realize 21-20 is not 60+% and you obviously did not read the rest of my post. Play the underdog for the FIRST game and then the FAVE thereafter. I suggested before splitting the bet between the RL and ML so if the fave DOES win the first game, you will be refunded if they only win by one run. This eliminates the problem of people losing massively on an ABC series.

Game 1 win = 21-20; 7-2
Game 2 win = 14-6; 2-0
Game 3 win = 2-3; 0-0
I hope you realize 21-20 is not 60+% and you obviously did not read the rest of my post. Play the underdog for the FIRST game and then the FAVE thereafter. I suggested before splitting the bet between the RL and ML so if the fave DOES win the first game, you will be refunded if they only win by one run. This eliminates the problem of people losing massively on an ABC series.
You know what else eliminates the problem of people losing massively on an ABC series? Money management.

If you're in a situation that can bust you, your problem isn't the system, it's your money management.

Quote Originally Posted by alexknyc View Post
You know what else eliminates the problem of people losing massively on an ABC series? Money management.

If you're in a situation that can bust you, your problem isn't the system, it's your money management.
I'm quoting from #1454:
"last year was fine and if the system was back tested only 1 year and that was the base of our future success not many would be jumping ship. However, in 2007 this system lost around 40-70units no matter how you managed your money wether it be labby or martingale. There was just no saving that system for that year."

I'm quoting from #1454:
"last year was fine and if the system was back tested only 1 year and that was the base of our future success not many would be jumping ship. However, in 2007 this system lost around 40-70units no matter how you managed your money wether it be labby or martingale. There was just no saving that system for that year."
Again, if 40-70 units is busting you, your unit size is too high. That's money management.

Again, if 40-70 units is busting you, your unit size is too high. That's money management.
Yeah...I don't think anyone is keen to actually LOSE UNITS on baseball. If the system isn't profitable, it is less to do with money management than it is with the fact that it just isn't working.

Game 1 win = 21-20; 7-2
Game 2 win = 14-6; 2-0
Game 3 win = 2-3; 0-0
You're using a sample size of 41 games to make that conclusion though. If you go back through the past years you'll find 60+% is the correct number of Game 1's hitting.

Yeah...I don't think anyone is keen to actually LOSE UNITS on baseball. If the system isn't profitable, it is less to do with money management than it is with the fact that it just isn't working.
You keep moving the goalposts... no one WANTS to lose 40-70 units but IF THAT'S BUSTING YOU, your unit size is too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
You're using a sample size of 41 games to make that conclusion though. If you go back through the past years you'll find 60+% is the correct number of Game 1's hitting.
Two things:

Firstly, past performance does not guarantee similar results now.

Secondly, you're right, it is a small sample size. All I am doing is putting out an idea that would help people avoid losing an entire ABC series. This system may have been amazing last year or some other year but the fact is that it is still early and there have already been three HUGE losses. Its no surprise people are having doubts now, especially when we know that the backtest revealed a big loss in 2007.

You keep moving the goalposts... no one WANTS to lose 40-70 units but IF THAT'S BUSTING YOU, your unit size is too high.
Well I'm not even talking about that. If you can't afford to lose, you shouldn't be gambling period. What I said was that the system should not be losing money. With the proper money management currently, it IS losing money. The problem is therefore not money management, but the system itself.

What are you even talking about? Can you even name a system that has gone 10 years without going negative once? The last time this system went negative was 5 years ago. Even if you played the losing season as your first season with the system, you would still have a substantial net gain by this point from the system. That is not a failure in the slightest.

This always happens on a system that hits a losing streak. Everyone freaks out. If your too timid to handle system anomalies then you shouldn't be playing systems.
Give Points

Points Awarded:

jturn49 gave thelimit0310 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Bradfordmiller gave thelimit0310 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Lakey gave thelimit0310 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

in regards to the posts of money management. the $20/unit is based off of a $2000 bankroll at 1%. the system as it stands is -22 units or $440. i dont know how you would lose your entire bankroll if you only lost 25% of it. even if you jumped on the system at its peak +20 units, you are down 42 units, or 42%. if your entire bankroll is gone when the system AT MOST has lost 50%, your other 50% of losses have come from other areas.

System record 37-4-0; 9-0-0
Units -22
1 unit = $20

5/10

#42 -- cleveland @ BOS -147 (A) -- o/u 9 -- eligible for 5/2 if (A) loses

Game 1 win = 21-20; 7-2
Game 2 win = 14-6; 2-0
Game 3 win = 2-3; 0-0

Labby Line (regular)

65-67-82-95
40-40-87-93
85-152-126-134

Labby Line (filter)

10-10-10-10

BOS to win 65

BOS to win 20
Give Points

Points Awarded:

swordsandtequila gave on3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Mrscofield25 gave on3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

darkmatter117 gave on3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Douchebag50 gave on3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mcmister gave on3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

oklahoma gave on3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

boycali01 gave on3 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BSUWADDY gave on3 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bisturis gave on3 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.