Login Search

2011 MLB Season Thread

Last Post

April 2, 2011
Twins ML -114
risk 1.14 to win 1.00

Giants ML -107
risk 1.07 to win 1.00

-i just can't see em losing 3 in a row to start, especially with cain getting the nod and pitched AMAZING at the end of last year...but like usual the giants bats need to wake up
Last edited by FrozenMAN; 04-02-11 at 12:46 PM.

yeah i did the season thread the last few years but this year gonna just play all games and not just the fish as i got caught up in my fanatic ways with them and ran into problems.....i LOVED what i saw yesterday though from everyone, ESPECIALLY that bullpen, 2-1/3 innings and 3k's, no runs....dunn looked GREAT and same with LEO's slider...i hope johnny buck can keep it up for the season now as i still feel they overpaid for him when they refuse to pay for other players....i really hope we can make noise this year and bring home another WC win

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenMAN View Post
April 2, 2011
Twins ML -114
risk 1.14 to win 1.00 LOSS

Giants ML -107
risk 1.07 to win 1.00 WINNER

-i just can't see em losing 3 in a row to start, especially with cain getting the nod and pitched AMAZING at the end of last year...but like usual the giants bats need to wake up
2011 MLB Season to Date: 2-1-0 +0.86 units

April 3, 2011
Red Sox ML -138
risk 1.38 to win 1.00 LOSS, awful showing from the supposed 2011 WS champs all weekend, still tons of
time and looking for some winners this week....

-seems like the common choice today on the board which never pans out well, but i really like this play. as was the case with the giants yesterday, i just don't see them starting the season 0-3 when everyone and there mommy were picking them to go all the way and making it sound like they'd go 162-0 in the process...

also harrison goes for the rangers and in his 2 career starts vs the bo sox, he's been docked for 6 and 4 earned runs in their 2010 and 2008 matchup respectively. on the other side, bucholtz is 1-2 in his last 3 vs the rangers and in his last 2 losses, he's gotten NO run support and lost 3-0 and 3-1 and in the most recent he rang up 10 rangers with the K

2011 MLB Season to date: 2-2-0 -0.52 units......
Last edited by FrozenMAN; 04-03-11 at 03:56 PM.

April 6, 2011
White Sox ML -110
risk 1.10 to win 1.00

-everyone seems liek they are on the royals as they have been playing some good ball, but now that they are playing a decent team, i think they will start to revert back to the typical KC Royals...plus these are usually fairly high scoring games when the sox come to town and w that new lineup, the sox can put up some big numbers

what does that even mean??

April 8, 2011
Marlins ML -110
risk 2.20 units to win 2.00 units WINNER

-first play of the year on my fish and i like it as ricky gets the ball after a tough loss yesterday where werth gets a lucky called homer and mujica blew it in the 11th with grooving a ball to laroche...bats need to wake up as 2-4 runs a night aint gonna cut it with the inconsistency that this team shows, mainly in terms of their D which again appears like it will be AWFUL this year...ricky has pitched well in his last start vs the astros

Season to Date: 3-3-0 +0.38 units
Last edited by FrozenMAN; 04-08-11 at 10:26 PM.

April 10, 2011
Not a ton out there today but i kinda like this parlay, seems a bit too good and obvious but we'll see....

Phillies ML +106
--hamels as a dog is worth a shot
Marlins ML -110
--annibal pitched great in 1st start and our bats have seem to come alive a bit, but going for sweep worries me
Brewers ML -185
--coleman goes for cubs and did jack in spring training and wasn't that solid at end of year last year
Rangers ML -106
--guthrie has had success vs texas in past but i think the lone star bats will get to him
risk 1.00 units to win 10.774 units LOSS, 3/4 but not enough.....darn fish

like i said, not a big parlay fan but these couple of plays seem like they have a good shot so i'll take a stab....

Season to Date: 3-4-0 -0.62 units
Last edited by FrozenMAN; 04-10-11 at 06:06 PM.

April 16, 2011
Marlins/Phillies Under 8 -115 RAINED OUT
-hamels has been able to hold us in check in the past and after anibal pitched in houston last start and stunk it up, i think he is gonna show up as we really need him to come through for us this year if we're gonna do anything and this is a perfect opportunity for him to make some noise...
risk 1.15 to win 1.00 units

might add a prop bet in regards to toal K's by each pitcher if they post it up before gametime and get a chance to take a look at it....i like any hamels total of OVER if its like 6 or 7....and anibal if its like over 4/5

plus with this being a tight game in my eyes i could see this goign late, after the starters are out and that one prop bet of a pitcher OTHER than a starter getting a W could be a viable option in this game as well and pay +250+
Last edited by FrozenMAN; 04-16-11 at 06:25 PM.