The German Bundesliga is back after the winter break. A big confrontation between Bayern Munich and RB Leipzig awaits, while in Italy Juventus and Atalanta face off in the biggest game of the Serie A weekend. In Spain, Real Madrid hope to bounce back after losing to Villarreal in the previous round of La Liga and to Barcelona in the Spanish Supercup final. Los Blancos will face Athletic Bilbao in what is expected to be an intense outing.
Check out our Soccer Best Bets.
European Soccer Best Matches and Odds
(odds via FanDuel)
- La Liga: FC Barcelona (-750) vs. Getafe (+1600)
- La Liga: Athletic Bilbao (+190) vs. Real Madrid (+135)
- Serie A: Juventus (+110) vs. Atalanta (+250)
- Bundesliga: RB Leipzig (+280) vs. Bayern Munich (-125)
- Bundesliga: Borussia Monchengladbach (+165) vs. Leverkusen (+140)
European Soccer Best Bets
- Total: Salernitana vs. Napoli Over 3.5 (+135 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Spread: Inter -1 vs. Empoli (-135 vs BetMGM) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Upset: Sociedad Win vs. Rayo (+140 via DraftKings) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
- Parlay: Monchengladbach vs. Leverkusen Over 3.5 goals and Moussa Diaby Anytime Goalscorer (+519 via FanDuel) ⭐⭐⭐
European Soccer Top Picks
Total: Salernitana vs. Napoli Over 3.5 (+135) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Salernitana’s fans expect a reaction from their team after they lost 8-2 against Atalanta last weekend. Even if the attitude changes, it’s hard to see Salernitana not conceding a few against an in-form Napoli. Top of the Serie A table and nine points clear of second-placed AC Milan, Napoli put five goals past Juventus last Friday, showing they are not in the mood for distractions on their run toward the first title in 33 years. Expect goals and good fun when watching this match.
Spread: Inter -1 vs. Empoli (-135) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Inter are fresh from winning the Italian Supercup midweek in front of city arch-rivals AC Mila, so their morale is sky high. The champions of 2021 sit fourth in the Serie A table, with Empoli in 11th. Away from home, Empoli has only won once in nine matches this season while drawing five times. Playing at the San Sito is always a difficult challenge, as Empoli proved in each of their last six trips to play Inter. They lost all of them, so there are few reasons for optimism ahead of the match on Monday.
Upset: Sociedad Win vs. Rayo (+140) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sociedad sit third in La Liga, having just defeated Athletic Bilbao 3-1 in the Basque derby last weekend. They are unbeaten since October when they lost at home to Betis 2-0. A draw, then four straight wins followed, cementing their position at the right end of the table. If Sociedad extend their run, they could even threaten Real Madrid’s second place in the league. Rayo Vallecano’s form has been fluctuating lately, but they still find themselves in a safe seat. Now ninth, Rayo have always kept it tight when they faced Sociedad recently (two 1-1 draws and a 1-0 defeat in their last three direct confrontations). Given Sociedad’s form, though, it’s worth considering them as favorites in this clash.
Parlay: Monchengladbach vs. Leverkusen Over 3.5 Goals and Moussa Diaby Anytime Goalscorer (+519) ⭐⭐⭐
Old habits die hard, so it’s difficult to see these two playing a waiting game when they meet on Sunday. At least three goals were scored in four of their previous five confrontations, with their first match in 2023 unlikely to be a boring one. Moussa Diaby netted six times for Leverkusen so far this season and proved to be a serious threat in front of goal for every opponent his team faced. A goal from him against Gladbach added to the Over 3.5 goals option would take returns for punters to a really attractive level.
European Soccer odds and best bets from 1/19/2022 at 12:30 p.m. ET.
Here are our top-rated sportsbooks:
- FanDuel: Get a $1,000 No-Sweat Free Bet | Read our FanDuel Review
- Caesars: Earn a Free Bet of Up to $1,250 | Read our Caesars Review
- DraftKings: Get a 20% Deposit Match up to $1,000 | Read our DraftKings Review
- PointsBet: Earn Five Free Bets of Up to $100 Each | Read our PointsBet Review
- BetMGM: Get a Free Bet of Up to $1,000 | Read our BetMGM Review
* Bonuses not applicable in Ontario.