The lower tiers of English Soccer continue to provide hard to predict results, but with dedication and time we can profit long-term; year in and year out. Read our match-day 38 Soccer predictions and picks for this week’s English Football League 2 fixture between Port Vale and Crawley Town.
Port Vale vs. Crawley Town
Saturday, March 14, 2020 – 09:00 AM EDT
St. Vale Park
Port Vales home and away form; polar opposites
Luckily for Vale, this week’s fixture will be played back at home where their weekend outings have seen far more success than their away fixtures. Vale’s five away losses this season have all been by a 1 goal margin, moments away from taking a point back on a sad five times.
Back at home, this weekend will provide Vale with confidence booster required, their promotion campaign will continue as they sit just three points (one win) away from playoff contention.
A sharing of spoils between Cheltenham, Scunthorpe, and Walsall in their previous three league games will have Vale with the urgency in returning to winning ways.
Crawley road struggles continue
The 19/20 League 2 was a pleasurable beginning for Crawley town but their early season form hasn’t been maintained very well. With a mere two wins from their previous six games, they’ve now dropped into a mid-table position of 12th. The good news, relegation battle isn’t something they’ll be contending with but at the same time, the playoff spots seem to be out of reach.
It would seem that Crawley’s defense points to the reasoning of their downfall. The League 2 side has scored an impressive 47 times but their defense and goalkeeping aren’t far off with 46 goals conceded.
Their away-form struggles have been evident, with just one away game win registered to date, it’s going to take a lot for Crawley to pick up any sort of success this season other than avoiding relegation.
Form, Mentality, Numbers & Trends
- Port Vale have bagged at least two goals in four of their previous six games at Vale Park
- Port Vale have only kept one clean sheet in six their previous occasions
- Port Vale have scored in 15 of their 17 home matches this season
- These two teams last met on matchday 21 14.12.2019, which ended in a goalless 0-0 draw
- Port Vale haven’t lost in domestic competition to Crawley Town in their previous three meetings
- Port Vale haven’t been beaten at home in their last 8 league fixtures
- Star striker Tom Pope has bagged six league goals in the 19/20 campaign.
- Port Vale have scored 28 goals at home and conceded 15
- Crawley have scored 21 on the road this season whilst giving up 28 goals
- Port Vale have gone 8 games since their last loss and 8 home games since their last home loss
- Crawley haven’t won an away fixture in 15 games, but are unbeaten in their previous four fixtures
Final Thought and EFL Betting Pick
Port Vale are in great form on home turf, they’re unbeaten in their last eight games/home fixtures and have just one loss amongst that. In seventeen games, they’ve only failed to get themselves on the score-sheet twice, whilst boasting the second-best defense statistics at home in the league. You’d expect more clean sheets than six, but conceded goals have been kept to a low with just 13 goals made against them.
After failing to collect a win in their recent games, Vale should be pushing for the win here and taking everything into account I believe we’ll see another low-scoring fixture as we did in the first meeting between the two.
English Football League Two Betting Pick:
Under 2.5 goals / Port Vale Draw No Bet
Odds: -120 (1.81) / -178 (1.56)
Extra English Soccer picks
English Premier League
- Arsenal vs. Brighton – DRAW Odds: +262 (3.62)
- Newcastle vs. Sheffield Utd – DRAW Odds: +222 (3.22)
- Newcastle vs. Sheffield Utd – Under 1.5 goals Odds: +175 (2.75)
- Fulham vs. Brentford – DRAW Odds: +235 (3.35)
- West Brom vs. Birmingham – WBA win & Over 1.5 Odds: -105 (1.95)
- QPR vs. Barnsley – QPR win Odds: +100 (2.00)
English League 1
- Oxford vs. MK Dons – Oxford win & Under 3.5 Odds: +150 (2.50)
- Coventry vs. Shrewsbury – Coventry win & Under 4.5 Odds: -110 (1.90)
- Rotherham vs. Southend – Rotherham win & BTTS Odds: +185 (2.85)