Get ahead in your hockey betting by learning some key trends for teams entering this week. All statistics in this article reflect games played through Feb. 18. Let's drop the puck!
The Chicago Blackhawks have won 8 of their last 9 road games. In an unrelated topic, Chicago is an excellent 17-2 when facing an opponent that allows 2.55 or more goals per game. Betting on Chicago against poor defensive teams seems like it would be an intelligent decision when making your future NHL picks.Unusual Trends For Caps
The Washington Capitals have gone a head scratching 0-8 on the road this season when NHL betting odds display a posted total of 5.5. Here’s the good news for Washington backers: Their team is a sensational 39-10 during its other 49 games. Additionally, Washington has won 12 straight at home and shut out its opponents 5 times during that stretch of games at the Verizon Center. Furthermore, the Caps' last 10 home wins have come by 2 goals or more.Back & Forth Devils
The New Jersey Devils are 1-6 in their last 7 games following a win. On the flip side, the Devils have gone a stellar 6-1 during its previous 7 games following a loss.Blue Jackets Stuck In Neutral
The Columbus Blue Jackets put together a franchise record 16-game win streak earlier this season. However, since that spectacular run ended, Columbus is a dismal 2-9 following a win.Descending Canadiens
The Montreal Canadiens' terrific first half of their 2016-2017 regular season campaign seems like a distant memory. They’ve gone 1-7 during their last 8 games, lost 4 straight at home and have dropped 7 straight games following a win.When To Fade The Predators
The Nashville Predators have scored 5 goals or more on 11 separate occasions. Nonetheless, they’re a horrible 1-10 in their following game after accomplishing that feat. Nashville is also 0-6 when playing on 3 or more days of rest, and has gone 1-8 on the road following a home win in its previous game.Dangerous Ducks
The Anaheim Ducks are a terrific 12-2 after scoring 4 goals or more in their previous game. Additionally, Anaheim is a perfect 6-0 at home after losing 5 or 6 of its last 7 games.Best Of The Rest
- The Los Angeles Kings have gone 'under' the total in all 10 of their outings when playing a 3rd game in 4 days. Los Angles has witnessed just 2 of its last 18 road games going 'over' the total. The Kings are also a terrible 2-11 following a 1-goal loss in its previous game.
- Edmonton is a perfect 6-0 on the road following a home win. The Oilers are also an extremely profitable 10-2 after winning their previous game by 3 goals or more.
- The Minnesota Wild are 21-5 when facing a team that allows 29.5 or more shots on goal per game. Conversely, Minnesota is 1-5 during its last 6 after winning each of their previous 2 games.
- The Dallas Stars have seen 10 of their last 11 home games go 'over' the total, and that includes each of its last 6 at the American Airlines Arena
- The dreadful Colorado Avalanche are 1-8 at home following a win in their previous game.
- The Anaheim Ducks are 15-4-2 'under' the total in their last 21 games overall, and that includes 10-1 'under' at home.
- The Ottawa Senators are 6-1 'under' the total in their last 7 home games, and that includes each of its last 4 played at the Canadian Tire Centre. It’s worth noting, that Ottawa is a money draining 1-8 after winning 4 of their previous 5 games.
- The New York Islanders are 9-2 in their last 11 at home and have won 4 straight at the Barclays Center.
- The Nashville Predators have gone 'over' the total in 6 straight games.
- The New York Rangers are a stellar 15-5 after losing their previous game.