According to NHL betting odds the Canucks are a -170 money line home favorite and the posted total is 5.0. These two clubs have seen just 1 of their last 7 meetings go over the total. Vancouver enters tonight sitting 4th in the Pacific Division, and tied for 6th overall in the Western Conference. Winnipeg is currently 6th in the Central Division, and 11th overall in the Western Conference.
Jets Power Play Heating Up
After failing to cash in on 18 consecutive power play chances, the Jets have converted on a sizzling hot 30.4% of their man advantage opportunities over the last 6-games. They were 2 for 4 on the power play in their 5-2 win over Florida in their previous game.
Recently on the High Side
Winnipeg has gone over the total in 4 of their last 5-games with an average of 7.0 goals per game combined being scored. In those 5 contests the Jets have averaged 33.4 shots on goal per game. On a negative note, they allowed an average of 3.6 goals per game in those outings despite the fact opponents have averaged just 27.2 shots on net over that span.
Inside the Jets Numbers
- The Jets have seen 8 of their 9 road games this season go under the total versus opponents that average 29.5 or more shots on goal per game.
- The Jets are a dismal 1-9 this season versus teams that average 3 or more shots on goal per game than their opponents.
- The Jets are 5-21 the last 3 seasons on the road following a win.
- The Jets have gone under the total in all 6 road games this season following a home game.
Check out our:
Canucks Top Notch Penalty Killing
The Vancouver Canucks have allowed just 12 power play goals by their opponents this season. They’re the best team in the NHL allowing opponents to convert on just 9.8% of their power play opportunities. In their last 10-games Vancouver has killed off 29 of 30 power play chances by opponents.
Vancouver enters tonight having won 8 of their last 10-games. They’re coming off a huge win at Chicago on Friday night. In that game Vancouver erased a 2-0 deficit to come back and win 3-2 in an overtime shootout. The Canucks are currently on a 5-game home winning streak.
Inside the Canucks Numbers
- The Canucks are just 7-18 the last 2 seasons versus opponents that average 29.5 or more shots on goal per game.
- The Canucks are a very profitable 13-3 this season versus opponents with a losing record.
- The Canucks have gone under the total in all 6-games this season versus opponents that convert on less than 14.5% of their power play chances.
- The Canucks are 6-0 this season following a 1-goal win on the road.
- The Canucks have gone under the total in 12 of their 13 home games the last 3 seasons following 2 consecutive road games.
NHL Totals Betting System
Any road team with a total of 5.0 or less playing in the first half of the season, and is coming off a home win in which they scored 4-goals or more, has seen 70 of those 106-games (66%) stay under the total since the beginning of the 1996-1997 season. We'll add the Under to our NHL picks.
Free Pick: Jets/Canucks to go under the total of 5.0