SBR contributor Ross Benjamin provides us with an updated NHL betting report. All statistical data provided in this blog are reflective of games played through Feb. 5. If you’re looking to give yourself a needed edge when betting the NHL, then this is a prerequisite in attaining success.
Sabres Betting News & Notes
The Buffalo Sabres are 5-1 in their last 6 at home. Their only loss in that sequence came in overtime against the New York Rangers. Buffalo has gone 'under' the total in each of its previous 5 home games, and allowed just 6 goals total during those outings.
After struggling to create any sustained offensive pressure during the first quarter of the season, Buffalo has seemed to solve that problem, and especially so in recent weeks. It’s no coincidence that offensive turnaround coincided with the return of Jack Eichel, who missed Buffalo’s first 21 games due to an ankle injury. As a matter of fact, Buffalo has scored 3 goals or more in 11 of its last 15 games and amassed a lofty 37 shots or more on goal during 5 of their previous 7 outings. Furthermore, Buffalo is 7-0-1 'over' the total in their last 8 road games.
Jekyll And Hyde Performance Of Devils
The New Jersey Devils have continued their weird home and away splits. New Jersey is 8-1 in its last 9 road games and that includes 6 straight wins on enemy ice. However, that success hasn’t carried over to games played at home. New Jersey enters the week having lost 7 consecutive games at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. At least in the short term, these unusual results should be heavily considered when making your NHL picks.
Top Moneyline Trends to Follow
- The Montreal Canadiens are 0-6 in their last 6 games following a win.
- The New York Rangers are 10-1 this season following a game in which they allowed 1 goal or less.
- The Calgary Flames are 2-12 this season following a game in which there was a combined 7 goals or more scored.
- The Vancouver Canucks are an abysmal 0-9 this season when facing teams with a win percentage of .600 to .750.
- The St. Louis Blues are 1-10 in their previous 11 games following a win. St. Louis has put together just one 2-game win streak since 12/2/2016.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are 1-10 in their last 11 games following a win. The last time they won 2 games in a row was all the way back on 11/19/2016.
- The Boston Bruins are 1-8 at home this season when NHL betting odds displays a total of 5.5.