Stay on top of trends and angles to maximize your profit from betting on NHL. Read on to get the update on referees and a power rating update, so you are ready to make some serious cash on the ice.
Washington Capitals (-120, 5 o -130) vs Philadelphia Flyers
At Philadelphia 8:00 ET
- Capitals are 48-20 in their last 68 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Flyers are 3-8 in their last 11 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Under is 10-4-6 in Capitals last 20 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Under is 15-7-4 in Flyers last 26 vs. a team with a winning % above .600
At Arizona 9:30 ET
- Oilers are 91-187 in their last 278 when their opponent scores 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Oilers are 5-26 in their last 31 meetings against Arizona
- Under is 20-6 in Oilers last 26 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game
- Under is 22-4-1 in Coyotes last 27 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game
League Betting Trends
- There are only two games today so let's take a peek at some league-wide betting trends so far this season.
- Home favorites continue to dominate this season as they've cashed over 63% of all games.
- Puck-line players have found success betting home underdogs, cashing your tickets at a 73% clip.
- For 'total' players the 'under' is 220-198.
Tracking the Referees
- Moneyline players have found success betting favorites when Jean Hebert is the referee. The favorite has cashed 20 of his 27 assignments this season. Good for +2,043 units for a $100 players. The home team has won 75% of the time with Hebert.
- Mike Leggo is second with a +$1,072 units followed closely by Chris Lee at +1,060 units.
- The 'over' is a great bet when Mike Pochmara is involved as you would have cashed 17 of 24 'over' tickets. Ghislain Herbert is second (19-11, +1,827 units)
Power Ratings Update
1-Pittsburgh Penguins 21-7-5 47 pts
2-Philadelphia Flyers 19-11-4 42pts
3-San Jose Sharks 20-12-1 41pts
4-Columbus Blue Jackets 21-5-4 46pts
5-Washington Capitals 19-8-3 41 pts
6-Montreal Canadiens 21-7-4 46pts
7-Minnesota Wild 19-8-4 42pts
8-Ottawa Senators 19-11-3 41pts
9-New York Rangers 23-11-1 47pts
10-St. Louis Blues 18-11-5 41pts
Power Rankings are a reflection of the way I rank teams to give myself a head start handicapping. For instance, the Pittsburgh Penguins would never be a team I would play against but keep in mind that doesn't mean lay big numbers. If the Penguins are at a reasonable -150 or less I would bet them every time.