Toronto (14-12) @ Montreal (14-12)
According to NHL betting odds Montreal is a -180 money line home favorite and the posted total is 5.0. Toronto has won 6 of their last 7-games played at Montreal. These two clubs have seen 4 of their last 5 meetings go over the total.
No Leafs No!
The Toronto Maple Leafs enters tonight’s game having lost their last 3 in a row, and 7 of their last 10. Last night they were a 3-2 loser in overtime at Buffalo. This will be the final game of a 3-game in 4-day road trip. The Leafs have seen just 1 of their last 7-games go under the total. They’ve allowed 15-goals over their last 3-games. On a more positive note, the Leafs are 3rd in the NHL on the power play converting on 24.4% of their chances. They’ve allowed the opposition an average of 35.8 shots on goal per game which is dead last in the NHL.
Inside the Leafs Numbers
- The Leafs are 23-48 in their last 71 when playing their 3rd game in 4-days.
- The Leafs are 0-6 in their last 6 road games.
- The Leafs are 4-1 in their last 5-games when playing with no rest.
- The Leafs are 11-4 in their last 15-games played on a Saturday.
- The Leafs have gone under the total in 5 of their last 6-games versus an opponent with a winning record.
- The Leafs have gone over the total in just 1 of their last 6 road games.
- The Leafs have gone over the total in 5 of their last 6 when playing their 3rd game in 4 days.
Goaltending Supreme for the Habs
Montreal continues to be one of the best defensive teams in the entire NHL allowing just 2.0 goals per game. The foundation of their success in that area all starts with their goaltending. Carey Price has been brilliant as the #1 guy in goal, while Peter Budaj has been magnificent in the backup role. Price has posted a stellar 2.00 GAA and .936 save percentage in 20 starts this season. Budaj has an excellent 1.63 GAA and .939 save percentage in 6 starts. Ironically it’s defensemen P.K. Subban that leads the team in scoring with 3-goals and 18-assists, good for 21-points. The Canadians had their 4-game winning streak broken last night in a 3-2 overtime shootout loss at Washington. For our NHL picks, Montreal has failed to go over the total in their last 4, and 10 of their last 12-games.
Inside the Canadians Numbers
- The Canadians are 10-2 in their last 12-games when playing with no rest.
- The Canadians are 7-2 in their last 9 when playing their 3rd game in 4-days.
- The Canadians are 1-7 in their last 8-games versus Atlantic Division opponents.
- The Canadians have gone over the total in just 5 of their last 23-games when playing with no rest.
- The Canadians have gone over the total in just 6 of their last 26-games overall.
- The Canadians have failed to go over the total in their last 7-games versus an Eastern Conference opponent.
- The Canadians have gone over the total in 2 of their last 11-games versus an opponent with a winning record.
NHL Super Angle
Any team that comes off 2 straight road losses with each coming by 1-goal, and both teams in this game have a money line winning percentage of .510 to .600 is 29-8 (78.4%) since the beginning of the 1996-1997 year.
Free Picks: Toronto +160 over Montreal