Detroit Red Wings (10-13) @ Buffalo Sabres (5-19)
According to NHL betting odds the Red Wings are a -130 money line road favorite and the posted total is 5.0. These two clubs have seen their last 5 meetings go under the total. Detroit has won 5 of their last 6 trips to Buffalo. The Sabres have defeated the Red Wings just 3 times in their last 21 meetings. In the only other meeting this season Detroit was a 2-1 home winner in the opening game of the year for both teams.
Back to their Old Ways
After getting off to a great start in Ted Nolan’s 2nd tenure as the head coach in Buffalo, the Sabres have dropped their last 3-games, and have been outscored by a combined 12-4. The Sabres enter tonight’s home game a dismal 2-10 this season at the First Niagara Center. They last took the ice on Thursday and were a 4-1 loser at Philadelphia, and were outshot by the Flyers 46-30. Buffalo has been anemic offensively all season long averaging a pathetic 1.7 goals per game, which ranks dead last in the NHL. They are also at the bottom of the league allowing an average of 36.2 shots on goal per game.
Be sure to get our NHL picks of the day today~
Inside the Sabres Numbers
- The Sabres are 7-21 in their last 28-games versus an opponent with a losing record.
- The Sabres are 29th in the NHL averaging just 25.5 shots on goal per game.
- The Sabres have scored 2-goals or less in 17 of their 24-games this season.
- The Sabres have seen 10 of their last 12 losses come by 2-goals or more.
After starting the season 6-2 the Red Wings have now lost 11 of their last 15-games, including 8 of their last 9. Between 11/7 and 11/16 the Red Wings lost 5 consecutive games in overtime. They were able to snap a 7-game losing streak with a 4-3 home win over Carolina on Thursday, and then proceeded to lose at home yesterday 4-2 at the hands of the Ottawa Senators. Despite the team’s recent struggles both Henrik Zetterberg and Pavel Datsyuk are enjoying great start to their seasons. Zetterberg is second in the NHL scoring race with 27-points, and Datsyuk is in the top 10 of the league with 24-points. Detroit’s special teams have performed admirably as they’re 8th in the NHL on the power play converting 21.5% of their chances, and 5th in penalty killing with an 85.6% success rate. This will be the Red Wings 3rd game in 4 days, and their 4th in the last 6 days.
Let's tune into the NHL betting page to get the downlow on our hockey picks~
Inside the Red Wings Numbers
- The Red Wings are 10-4 in their last 14-games when playing with no rest.
- The Red Wings are 17-5 in their last 22 when playing their 4th game in 6 days.
- The Red Wings are 6-2 in their last 8 when playing their 3rd game in 4 days.
- The Red Wings have gone over the total in just 6 of their last 26-games when playing with no rest.
- The Red Wings have gone over the total in their last 4-games versus Eastern Conference opponents.
- The Red Wings have failed to go over the total in their last 7 following a game in which they allowed their opponent 8 or more power play chances.
NHL Super System
Any road money line favorite which has lost 5 or 6 of their last 7-games, and has a winning percentage of .400 to .490, versus an opponent with a losing record is 83-37 (69.2%) since the beginning of the 1996-1997 season.
Free Play: Red Wings -130 over the Sabres