Calgary Flames (8-17) @ Los Angeles Kings (16-10)
According to NHL betting odds the Kings are a -280 money line home favorite and the posted total is set at 5.0. These two clubs have seen just 5 of their last 21-games go over the total, including just 1 of the last 8 played in Los Angeles. The road team has won 6 of the last 8-games in this series.
On a Downward Spiral
The Calgary Flames were off to an encouraging 3-2 start to the season, then reality kicked in. Calgary has lost 15 of their last 20-games heading into tonight’s game. The Flames have gone over the total in 12 of their last 17-games. They’re currently last in the NHL allowing an average of 3.6 goals per game. The Flames special teams play has been one of the worst in the NHL at a cumulative 92.8%. The Flames come off a 5-2 loss at Anaheim yesterday. This will be their 3rd game in the last 4-days. The Flames will start Karri Ramo in goal tonight. Ramo will be making his first start in over 3 weeks.
Inside the Flames Numbers
- The Flames are 17-35 in their last 52 when playing their 3rd game in 4-days.
- The Flames are 8-20 in their last 28-games when playing with no rest.
- The Flames are 16-42 in their last 58 road games.
- The Flames are 20-45 in their last 65-games when playing with no rest.
- The Flames have gone over the total in 8 of their last 10-games when playing with no rest.
- The Flames have gone over the total in their last 4 when playing in their 3rd game in 4-days.
Kings are working a lot of Overtime
The Los Angeles Kings have seen their last 4-games all go overtime. Unfortunately for our NHL picks & them, they were losers in 3 of those 4 contests. Los Angeles has been going through a mini scoring slump. They’ve scored 2-goals or less during regulation time in 6 of their last 7-games. On a more positive note, the Kings have allowed 2-goals or less during regulation time in their last 9-games. They’ve also earned at least 1-point in their last 11-games. They’ve gone over the total in just 1 of their last 9-games. Ben Scrivens has been terrific in goal filling in for the injured Jonathan Quick. In 11 starts Scrivens has posted an excellent 1.48 GAA and a .947 save percentage. The Kings have earned 16 of 22-points possible when Scrivens is their starting goaltender.
Inside the Kings Numbers
- The Kings are 40-13 in their last 53 home games.
- The Kings are 19-7 in their last 26-games after scoring 2-goals or less in their previous game.
- The Kings have gone over the total in just 11 of their last 52 home games versus an opponent with a road winning percentage of less than .400.
- The Kings have gone over the total in just 14 of their last 52-games overall.