Vancouver Canucks (11-7) @ Los Angeles Kings (10-6)
According to NHL betting odds the Kings are a -115 money line home favorite and the posted total is 5.0. These two clubs haven’t seen any of their last 8 meetings go over the total.
The Vancouver Canucks have been a very good road team so far this season. The Canucks are 7-4 versus the money line on the road, including winning 4 of the last 5, and they’ve earned 16 of 22-points that were possible in those 11-games. This will be the Canucks 3rd game of a 4-game road trip. They split the first 2-games on the trip losing in an overtime shootout 3-2 at Phoenix on Tuesday, and then defeating the San Jose Sharks 4-2 on Thursday. The Canucks Henrik Sedin is 3rd in the NHL with 20-points just 3 behind the league leader Sidney Crosby. Sedin leads the NHL with 17 assists.
Inside the Canucks Numbers
- The Canucks are just 4-9 in their last 13-games versus Western Conference opponents.
- The Canucks are a dismal 1-9 in their last 10-games versus an opponent that allowed 2-goals or less in their previous game.
- The Canucks are 35-16 in their last 51-games versus an opponent that scored 2-goals or less in their previous game.
- The Canucks have gone over the total once in their last 7-games.
- The Canucks have gone over the total in just 14 of their last 52-games following a win.
- The Canucks have gone over the total in just 6 of their last 31-games versus an opponent that scored 2-goals or less in their previous game.
Stay on top of your daily NHL picks at our Hockey Home Page~
Hail to the Kings
This will be the 4th and final game of a 4-game home stand for the Kings that’s seen them go 2-1 thus far. They’ve also had the luxury of the current home stand stretching over a 12 day period. They come off a 2-0 shutout win over the struggling Buffalo Sabres on Thursday night. Jonathan Quick stopped all 19 shots on goal to earn his first shutout of the season. Mike Richards had a goal and an assist in the game to pace the winners. The Kings power play has been solid this season converting on 22.6% of their chances, which ranks 6th in the NHL. Los Angeles has done a very good job of controlling territorial play so far in 2013-2014. They’re 4th in the NHL averaging 32.6 shots on goal per game, and have allowed the opposition an average of 25.8 shots on goal per contest ranking 3rd in the league.
Inside the Kings Numbers
- The Kings have gone an outstanding 46-14 in their last 60 home games.
- The Kings are 6-1 in their last 7-games following a game they scored 2-goals or less.
- The Kings are just 2-7 in their last 9-games after allowing 2-goals or less in their previous game.
- The Kings are just 4-9 in their last 13-games following a win.
- The Kings have gone under the total in 8 of their last 10-games versus Pacific Division opponents.
- The Kings have gone over the total in just 6 of their last 21-games following a game they allowed 2-goals or less.
NHL Super Systems
- Any team that comes off a home shutout win, and has a winning record in the first half of the season is 78-30 (72.2%) on the money line since the beginning of the 2009-2010 season.
- Any home team playing on a Saturday versus an opponent coming off a road win versus a division foe is 51-18 (73.9%) on the money line since the beginning of the 2009-2010 season.
Free Pick: Kings -155 over the Canucks