According to NHL betting odds Chicago is a -130 money line road favorite and the posted total is 5.5. The home team has won the last 5 meetings between these two clubs, and 4 of those 5-games have gone under the total. Vancouver has won 4 of their last 5 versus Chicago.
Make sure to check out our:
Standing up to the Challenge
The defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks have been targeted by each of their opponents this season. They have withstood the challenge and then some. Chicago has lost just 4 of their first 23-games this season in regulation time, and has earned 34 out of a 46 possible points. Their scoring depth is the best by far in the NHL. The Hawks have 10-players with 11-points or more, including 5 who have scored 12-goals or more.
Inside the Hawks Numbers
- The Hawks are 16-5 in their last 21 road games versus an opponent with a losing record at home.
- The Hawks are 31-15 in their last 46 road games overall.
- The Hawks are 56-23 in their last 79-games versus a Western Conference opponent.
- The Hawks are 67-27 in their last 94-games overall, including 48-18 in the last 66 following a win.
- The Hawks have gone over the total in their last 7 and 12 of their last 14-games.
- The Hawks have gone over the total in their last 7 road games.
- The Hawks have gone under the total in 9 of their last 11-games versus an opponent that scored 5 or more goals in their previous game.
- The Hawks are #1 in the NHL averaging 3.6 goals per game.
- The Hawks are 29th in penalty killing at just 72.7%.
- The Hawks have scored 5-goals or more in 5 of their last 7-games.
Snap, Crackle, and Pop
The Vancouver Canucks put an end to a 5-game losing streak last night in a 6-2 home win over the Columbus Blue Jackets. During that 5-game funk the Canucks scored 6-goals combined. They scored exactly 1-goal in 4 of those 5 contests. This will be the 5th of a 6-game home stand for Vancouver which concludes on Monday versus the Los Angeles Kings. Following the game versus the Kings they head out on a 4-game in 6 day road trip. After losing the first 3-games of the home stand it will be imperative that they take advantage of the remaining 2-games on home ice.
Inside the Canucks Numbers
- The Canucks are 35-16 in their last 51 home games versus an opponent with a winning road record on the season.
- The Canucks have lost 5 of their last 6-games overall.
- The Canucks are 0-6 in their last 6-games versus an opponent that scored 5-goals or more in their previous game.
- The Canucks have gone under the total in their last 7 home games versus an opponent with a winning record on the season.
- The Canucks have gone over the total in just 5 of their last 26 home games.
- The Canucks are the best penalty killing team in the NHL at an 88.9% success rate.
- The Canucks are 3rd in the NHL averaging 32.6 shots on goal per game.
NHL Super System
Any money line home underdog of +100 to +150 that’s played 4 straight games at home, versus an opponent who has played 2 straight games on the road is 29-14 (67.4%) since the beginning of the 1996-1997 year. Take Vancouver over Chicago for your NHL picks.
NHL Pick: Vancouver +110 over Chicago