This has been a great series to watch thus far, with both teams having secured two wins each, we head back to Boston were the Bruins will look to go 3-2 up and take control of the series.
New York Islanders vs. Boston Bruins
Monday, June 7th, 2021 – 6:30 PM EST at TD Garden
The Islanders needed a win in Game 4 and they duly delivered with a decisive 4-1 victory. With that being said, the score line was “false” as two of the four goals were empty netters and they only managed to take the lead with seven minutes remaining in the third period. The Bruins’ David Pastrnak missed a very scorable chance, in fact he missed an open net, had that have gone in we surly would have been looking at a different game and possible outcome.
The fact this series is tied at 2-2 is no surprise as we have two very solid teams at play here, the Islanders were quite quickly written off that they couldn’t advance against the Bruins following their heroics in knocking out the Pittsburgh Penguins. Even at 2-2 the sportsbooks still believe this as they are +180 to win the series right now. Barry Trotz got the matchups he wanted on home ice last time out but now the Bruins have the slight upper hand in that department as we head back to TD Garden.
*Trends should never be your main source of information when it comes to making your betting picks, they are merely guidelines and mostly irrelevant information, but nonetheless can be interesting to read.
New York Islanders
- NY Islanders are 1-4 in their last five games when playing on the road against Boston.
- NY Islanders are 5-2 in their last seven games.
- NY Islanders are 2-5 in their last seven games against Boston.
- Boston are 11-2 in their last 13 games at home.
- The total has gone over in five of Boston's last seven games played on a Monday when at home.
- Brad Marchand has recorded at least one point in every game of the series so far.
What Are the Betting Odds and Current Lines?
- The Bruins opened up on the moneyline at -172 but have since drifted into as low as -190 with the best online sportsbooks. However this is a good sign for Islanders backers as they opened up at +155 on the moneyline but are now available at +170 with BetOnline. (visit out BetOnline Review)
- The puck line for the Bruins at -1.5 is currently +150, if you wish to take the Islanders at +1.5 on the puck line, you can get -170 with Intertops. (visit out Intertops Review)
- The total line opened up at 5.5 but has since moved half a point into 5.0. The over is currently best priced at -115 with BetOnline, whilst the under is +105.
A NHL bet we have been riding this series is Islanders goaltender over 28.5 saves, although the last game the bookmakers pushed the line up to 29.5, and unfortunately for over betters he ended on 29 saves exactly, one short of the over, which was very unfortunate considering the Bruins had four minutes left on the clock to get a shot saved. With that being said we are heading back to the well as the Bruins average 33.71 shots per game, and following a defeat such as last time, we expect them to come out strong here and pound the Islanders goaltender with shots.
This might be considered a “square” pick but we just cant ignore the Bruins back on home ice coming off a defeat and for this reason we are taking them on the puck line. We don’t believe it will be a convincing 3+ goal victory for the Bruins, but a 2-1 lead with a few minutes remaining on the clock we will have empty net chances to hopefully cover the puck line. The Islanders are just 2-5 in the past seven meetings with the Bruins, although, two of those wins are in this series. New York is also just 1-4 in its past five trips to Boston.
Free NHL Pick: New York Islanders Goaltender over 28.5 Saves -120 with the best online sportsbooks.
Free NHL Pick: Boston Bruins -1.5 at +150 with BetOnline
*The pick reflects the line at the moment the writer made the play, the odds at the beginning of this article show the live line movement. Since the lines might vary, don’t forget to refer back to our live odds.