Dallas Stars (10-9) @ Vancouver Canucks (11-10)
According to NHL betting odds Vancouver is a -155 money line home favorite and the posted total is 5.5. These two clubs have seen just 1 of their last 12 meetings in Vancouver go under the total. Vancouver has gone 12-5 in their last 17-games versus Dallas, including 6-2 in the last 8 at home. Tonight will mark the first meeting of the season between these two Western Conference rivals.
NHL Picks of the Day will make your sports betting on Sunday go through the roof!
The Stars are out and Shining
The Dallas Stars enter tonight’s game red-hot having won 5 of the last 6-games. This will be their final game of a 3-game in 5-day road trip. The Stars have won the first 2-games of this trip versus Edmonton 3-0, and their most recent game on Thursday 7-3 over Calgary. In the win at Calgary the Stars were paced by a huge 4-goal and 1-assist game by Tyler Seguin. The former 2nd overall pick in the NHL entry draft has been revitalized since coming over in an offseason trade from Boston. In 19-games with the Stars, Seguin has 12-goals and 10-assists good for 22-points, and is a +7 on the season. Seguin is currently tied for 4th in the NHL scoring race just 4-points behind the league leader Alexander Steen of the St. Louis Blues.
Inside the Stars Numbers
- The Stars are 5-0 in their last 5 road games.
- The Stars are 5-12 in their last 17-games versus a Western Conference opponent.
- The Stars are 3-10 in their last 13-games after scoring 5 or more goals in their previous game.
- The Stars are 1-5 in their last 6-games versus an opponent with a winning record.
- The Stars are 3-19 in the last 3 seasons versus an opponent that averages 3 or more shots on goal per game than their opponent.
- The Stars have gone under the total in just 1 of their last 6-games overall.
- The Stars have gone under the total in just 6 of their last 27-games following a win.
Snap out of it!
The Vancouver Canucks enter tonight have lost 3-games in a row. They’ve scored just 1-goal in each of those 3-losses. This will be the 2nd of a 6-game in 12-day home stand. The Canucks opened the home stand up by losing to San Jose 2-1 in an overtime shootout on Thursday. The loss dropped the Canucks to a disappointing 4-4 start to the season at the Rogers Arena. It’s been a mixed bag for the Canucks special teams units so far this season. The penalty killing has been the best in the NHL denying 88.6% of their opponent’s power plays. The Vancouver power play has been abysmal considering the plethora of offensively skilled players on the roster. They’ve converted on just a paltry 10.9% of their opportunities which ranks 28th in the NHL.
What is happening on the ice with the Kings and Rangers~
Inside the Canucks Numbers
- The Canucks are 42-19 in their last 61 home games versus an opponent with a winning record.
- The Canucks are 3-13 in their last 16-games played on a Sunday.
- The Canucks are just 3-13 the last 2 seasons versus an opponent that averages 29.5 or more shots on goal per game.
- The Canucks have gone over the total in just 3 of their last 21 home games.
- The Canucks have gone under the total in their last 6 home games versus an opponent with a winning record.
- The Canucks have gone over the total in just 2 of their last 10-games overall.
NHL Super System
Any money line home favorite coming off a home 1-goal loss, versus an opponent coming off a road win by 2-goals or more is 102-41 (71.3%) since the beginning of the 1996-1997 season.
Free Pick: Vancouver -155 over Dallas.