The 11-4-2 Bruins kick off a two-game series tonight in Madison Square Garden against the 6-8-3 New York Rangers. Can the team from New York cause a big upset on home ice? Or will it be business as usual for the Bruins?
Boston Bruins vs. New York Rangers
Friday, February 26th, 2021 – 7:00 PM EST at Madison Square Gardens
The Bruins' first visit to New York last night didn’t work out all that well after suffering a 7-2 defeat to the Islanders. They will look for a big bounce back in this matchup tonight, and we would hate to be the Rangers in this spot.
The Bruins have looked great this season and rank inside the top ten in goals, power plays, and shots per game. On the defensive side, they are ranked inside the top three for shots against, goals against, and penalty kills. Boston's star forward David Pastrnak has been on fire this season and has recorded 14 points in 10 games. Tuukka Rask and Jaroslav Halak have been outstanding in the goal this season. Rask is 7-2-1 with a 2.56 GAA and a .901 save percentage, while Halak is 4-1-1 with a 1.65 GAA and a .938 save percentage.
The Rangers have won two of their previous three games, but they suffered a 4-3 defeat to the Flyers last time out. The problem for the Rangers this season has been generating offense, they rank 26th in the league in goals per game and 26th on the power play. They also rank 27th in total shots per game. The Rangers are missing one of their more skilled players in the form of Artemi Panarin, who has taken an absence of leave from the team.
*Trends should never be your main source of information when it comes to making your betting picks. These are merely guidelines and mostly irrelevant information, nonetheless, they can be interesting to read.
- Boston are 10-4 in their last 14 games.
- The Bruins are 6-0 in their last 6 games against the Rangers.
- The Bruins are 7-0 in their last 7 games on a Friday.
New York Rangers
- The NHL total has gone under in 7 of the Rangers' last 9 games.
- The NY Rangers are 2-5 in their last 7 games against an opponent in the East conference.
- The total has gone under in the 5 of the last 6 games on home ice against the Boston Bruins.
What Are The Betting Odds and Current Lines?
- The Boston Bruins are currently best priced on the moneyline at -157 with BetOnline(visit our BetOnline Review) .
- Should you look to play the Rangers they can be bet on the moneyline at +155, also with BetOnline.
- The NHL puckline opened up at a massive line at -2 for the Boston Bruins at odds of +255.
- New York Rangers at +2 on the puck line is coming in at -200.
- The over/under for this game opened up at 5.5 with the juice towards the over at -124, but right now with BetOnline, we can see a +104 number on the over.
- The under is now -115
The Boston Bruins have been playing much better hockey so far this season. And following a humiliating defeat last night to the Islanders, we can't look past them to bounce back with a win tonight. After conceding 7 goals last night, they will look to generate that defense they have been known for, and they should be pleased with the matchup tonight as the Rangers have been very poor offensively this season. Take the Bruins to win on the moneyline.
We believe the under also comes into play in this game, as the line has been set at a low 5.5. Both of these teams have a history of seeing the under when coming head to head. On top of that, we have two good defensive teams along with some solid goaltenders.
*The pick reflects the line at the moment the writer made the play, the odds at the beginning of this article show the live line movement. Since the lines might vary, don’t forget to refer back to our live odds.