The Golden Knights head back to sin city with their tail between their legs following an 0-2 start to the series in Colorado. This here is the crucial game for Vegas as going down 0-3 to the Avalanche would most certainly have the writing on the wall. Colorado aren’t no Maple Leafs, and they won’t let a Game 2 lead slip, never mind a Game 3 lead.
Las Vegas Golden Knights vs. Colorado Avalanche
Friday, June 4th, 2021 – 10:00 PM EST at T-Mobile Arena
Game 2 of the series was much more like the sort of series we expected, as opposed to the blowout win, we had seen in Game 1. The last game was an exceptional hockey game and a great advert for the NHL odds. We had powerhouses going toe to toe, with a fast paced game and a lot of skill. To top of off we saw two Venezia trophy candidates in net.
You would have to feel Vegas were slightly the better team in Game 2 and when a game goes to overtime it's always that little harder to take the loss. The Golden Knights had an xG of 2.98 compared to Colorado’s 2.69. Phillip Grubauer was on fire with 39 saves from 41 shots, ultimately the difference maker in Game 2. No doubt Marc Andrea Fleury will become a difference-maker in one of these games during the series according to the best sportsbooks.
The Golden Knights have looked good all season but essentially tonight is their season on the line, only four teams in NHL history have come back from being 3-0 down in a series. Expect Vegas to be dialed in tonight and look to play their best game of the season all around. It won’t be easy against an Avalanche team who are like a shark after smelling blood, they are going for the kill. Game 3 will be played in front of a 100% capacity crowd, this should be some help to Vegas, albeit a small one.
*Trends should never be your main source of information when it comes to making your betting picks, they are merely guidelines and mostly irrelevant information, but nonetheless can be interesting to read.
Las Vegas Golden Knights
- Vegas are 1-4 in their last five games.
- Vegas are 9-3 in their last 12 games at home.
- The total has gone under in six of Vegas' last eight games when playing as the underdog.
- Colorado are 10-0 in their last 10 games.
- The total has gone over in six of Colorado's last eight games this season.
- Colorado are 4-2 in their last six games when playing on the road against Vegas.
What Are The Betting Odds and Current Lines?
- The Golden Knights opened up the betting market at odds of -115, they have since drifted into -105 with most books, and are best available at +100 with BetOnline (visit our BetOnline Review)
- If looking to bet on the Colorado Avalanche you can find their odds at -110 with the best online sportsbooks.
- If you wish to lay the puck line on the Avalanche, they are best priced up at +215 with Intertops (visit our Intertops Review), whilst the Golden Knights +1.5 on the puck line is -250, that’s a big difference compared to their -130 in Game 2, which they covered by the way.
- The totals lined opened up at 5.5 with the under at +100 and overpriced up at -120, the odds have since shifted a little and the odds are now best available at -103 with BetOnline, whilst the under is -107.
Although we have two of the best goaltenders in the league right now playing in net tonight, we are liking the over 5.5 goals to be scored a the T-Mobile arena tonight. Game 1 of the series has seen eight goals scored and although Fleury wasn’t in the net, we are pretty sure he would have given up at least 3/4 of those seven that Lehner eventually did let in.
Game 2 only has seen five goals in total, but there were 66 shots taken in that game and only for Grubauer been on fire we might have seen an extra goal or two. Ultimately what we are saying is this series is an over series, Game 2 only lost the over by one goal and the xG numbers totalled 5.67, which technically meant we were 0.34 goals away from the over.
We are laying the juice and backing the over in this do or die game for the Golden Knights.
Free NHL Pick: Over 5.5 at -120 with BetOnline
*The pick reflects the line at the moment the writer made the play, the odds at the beginning of this article show the live line movement. Since the lines might vary, don’t forget to refer back to our live odds.