The 2015 class of NFL Free Agents could be one of the best in recent history, if a whole slew of household names and recognisable stars are allowed to flood the free agency market by their current teams. Join us as we look at the Top 8 Big Name Free Agents to spot.
Here are the Top 8 Big Names that could potentially hit the free agency market and, in turn, send seismic shockwaves through NFL betting markets.
1) Randall Cobb, WR, Green Bay Packers: Wide receiver Randall Cobb is after a standout season with the Green Bay Packers. Cheesehead loyalists are going to want to see Cobb return to the Packers next season, but cap issues may make it impossible. If they resign Cobb, he'll undoubtedly be a huge asset for the Packers putting forward a successful campaign towards Super Bowl 50. Packers can be backed at +700 on the NFL odds board.
2) Ndamukong Suh, DT, Detroit Lions: Suh is a force to be reckoned with on the field, of the J.J. Watt mould. The Lions would be foolish to let him go, but they might not have a choice if they can't afford him. Speaking of Watt, he recently re-penned his contract with the Texans for just over $100 million over six years. Suh has made no secret about his ambition to be the highest paid defender in the league. The benchmark set at $100-ish million, it remains to be seen if the Lions come out of the pocket in a big way.
3) Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys: Bryant is coming off a banner season, which is only going to push his market value if he reaches the free agency market. Dallas Cowboys are under the cosh; their salary cap affords very little room. But if they want to compete for championships, Bryant is going to be key towards their success. Making matters tighter is the fact that DeMarco Murray is also set for free agency this year.
4) DeMarco Murray, RB, Dallas Cowboys: DeMarco Murray led the NFL in rushing last season, a proven producer that's going to want to have something to show for his contribution on the team. Problem for Cowboys is how do they reconcile the demands of Murray and Bryant? Do they keep both or let one go? Either one to hit the free agency market is sure to fetch a pretty penny.
5) Demaryius Thomas, WR, Denver Broncos: John Elway would be foolish to let Demaryius Thomas get even a whiff of free agency. The 26-year-old was one of Peyton Manning's go-to targets on the field. If Peyton returns, he's going to want to have Thomas wearing orange. Denver Broncos are currently matched at +1200 for early NFL picks to win Super Bowl 50. Consider how their NFL odds would be affected if they lost Demaryius.
6) Julius Thomas, TE, Denver Broncos: Julius Thomas had a great start to the season, before being hit by injury and fading down the stretch. That durability may become a deciding factor whether he stays or goes. Nevertheless, there is a lot of value that he brings to the Broncos – or any other team if he hits the free agency trading floor.
7) Gerald McCoy, DT, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Many NFL experts and pundits are of the opinion Gerald McCoy is hugely wasted on the Bucs. It's not that he's not being paid a fair bit already, but rather with his quality and skill he'd be an asset to a competitive team, a franchise that has a real shot to win a Super Bowl in the near future. McCoy is poised to reach free agency if the Bucs don't make him the right offer. Then again, he might not want to take anything they have to offer and go elsewhere. Watch out if he hits the NFL trading floor.
8) Justin Houston, OL, Kansas City Chiefs: One of the best pass rushers in the league, Justin Houston could be ripe for the picking in free agency if the Chiefs and his representatives don't come to an agreement. Word is he's looking for a deal upwards of $10 million per year. If the Chiefs let him go, it'll be a huge loss for them but a massive gain for the team that meets his price.
So there you have it, several Big Names to spot in the coming weeks, their potential movement significant not only towards the upcoming season's NFL odds but also your choice NFL picks.